Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
My worry with sticking to stock displacement is that after the build is all said and done I’ll be left with a “that’s it???” feeling. This is why I wanted to go this route to hopefully avoid that.
Have you ever driven a 4-500 horsepower car with no nanny’s? Keep it simple. You’ll still have enough hp to kill yourself

·
Old timer
6,213 Posts
Reactions: 64Cometkid

·
Registered
662 Posts
My build looks like this.
Heads, cam, intake, throttle body. $3,000
Injectors, fuel system. $2,000
Computer. $1,000
Shortblock. $5,000
Headers, oil pan. $1,000

$12,000 total. This number does not include my K member, engine mounts, radiator, transmission, transmission cooler, rear, driveshaft, wheels tires. Just the engine and what I needed to get it in the car.

I rounded all of the numbers up because there’s always a bunch of stuff that you don’t think about when doing a build but you still have to buy the products.

Reactions: joey408w

·
Registered
662 Posts
Computer. $1,000
Shortblock. $5,000
Headers, oil pan. $1,000

$12,000 total. This number does not include my K member, engine mounts, radiator, transmission, transmission cooler, rear, driveshaft, wheels tires. Just the engine and what I needed to get it in the car.

I rounded all of the numbers up because there’s always a bunch of stuff that you don’t think about when doing a build but you still have to buy the products.
Also some of these parts I bought used. Like the throttlebody in the headers

·
Registered
139 Posts
Computer. $1,000
Shortblock. $5,000
Headers, oil pan. $1,000

As prices have gone up, and continue to go up, I would say that today someone would actually pretty lucky to get 500+ rwhp for $12,000 on a fuel injected engine.

·
Registered
662 Posts
As prices have gone up, and continue to go up, I would say that today someone would actually pretty lucky to get 500+ rwhp for $12,000 on a fuel injected engine.
Yea. I bought some parts used.

·
Registered
662 Posts
And didn’t mention pushrods, lifters, oil pump, gaskets

·
Registered
662 Posts
Rockers

·
Registered
662 Posts