Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how hard was the install and are there any rubbing issues like with the BBK LT's? I have my engine out already and I'm trying to find out will the engine go back in with header's installed. Also are the Mac LT's headers worth the headache?

96GT
00 Engine/Trans

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for input, how was your experience at Houston performance with your tuning, if you don't mine me asking? That's where I'm going for my tune once I've completed my little project. So I guess that you don't have any issues with the LT's rubbing on your car? The reason I'm asking these questions because I'm stuck between should I get longtubes or go back to shorties. I like the gains everyone is getting with longtubes, but I'm just doing research before purchase.

96GT
00 Engine/Trans

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
steve knows hit ****! you will be happy with the results. go ahead and put in the LTs...noone said it will be easy, but it will be well worth it in the end. shorties just dont do much as far as gains.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not worrying about if the jobs was easy or not, I was just concerned about the rubbing issues that BBK longtubes have. I just pulled my engine and trans by myself so I'm definitely up for the challenge. Thanks for the insite on Houston peformance, I thought they had a good reputation. I can't wait until I'm ready to strap my stang on the dyno. What kind of numbers do you think I'll have with my end result:

96GT
00 Engine/Trans
Mac Longtubes Headers
Mac Shorty H-pipe
Pacesetter Catback
Mac 70mm Throttle Body
42lb injectors
255lph fuel pump
87mm Pro-m
NOVI 1000
FMS 3.73's
Auburn HD Diff
King Cobra Clutch
and more suspension mods.......

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No harm intended, I'll keep you posted. I should be all back together within a month or month 1/2. I will be happy to get 360hp if morer that's even better. Thanks for your help.

96GT
00 Engine/Trans

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have the MAC's, but it's on a dohc. There is no rubbing, but I cant say what it would be like with an auto. However, I don't know if the problem persists on gt's, but after the header install, my car burns serious oil at WOT - to the tune of 1 qt. every couple of days if I really drive it. As far as the install goes, it's a pain, anyway you look at it. MAybe it will be easier on a 2v motor though.

Josh

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've got the BBKs on my '98 cobra. They touched the pass. side of the k-member, but I just installed a tubular unit. Not much more room. Also put the Stage 8 locking bolts on. Now there's the real pain in the Ass part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts