Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I want to lower my front end about 1.5" and normally would go with H&R Super Sports, however, they are very firm and I am wanting a spring that I can use for drag racing. Additionally, I have heard that the drag springs that you can buy keep your car at stock height.

I have heard that going with the 4cyl springs up front are great because they are soft and provide a drop, but I have no idea how much of a drop they provide. Anyone on here installed 4 Cylinder springs on a 4.6 V8 and if so, how much of a drop did it provide?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
On my 86 4 cyl spring lowered the front about 1.5 inches I don't know how they would work on a 99 though. On my car they work great,100% weight transfer.... Carries the wheels about 2-4 inches off the ground out to almost the 60ft mark

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i cut a half of a coil off my 4cyl front springs, havent dropped the new motor in yet hope i didnt go overboard lol

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I use to run a set of 4 banger springs when I had a stockish 302 in my 88 coupe....poor man's drag springs. They lowered the front end about 1-2"...but still have stored energy to push up the front end on launch. Not as good as a eibach drag spring kit..but better than stock v8 front springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts