Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how big of a diff would a 4 cyl sway be on a gt i dont have my stock sway bar anymore ansd i can get a free 4 cly off a parts car my buddy has any ideas?

·
Registered
252 Posts
The car will sway a little bit more with a 4 cyl. bar. In road racing the Mustang guys will usually switch to a 4 cyl. bar in the rain because it is a little softer.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I'm running one now on my car and it does seemed to have helped front end grip a bit. Turn in was nice and sharp at the last auto-x I ran a few weeks back. I went the 4cyl route at Max Motorsport's suggestion - I also have their adjustable rear bar waiting to go on the car at some point.

Note I have a lot of other suspension mods. Not sure how this would do on a relatively stock car.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Well, if you dont have your stock bar, the 4 cyl bar will definitely help. For me, I want a four cylinder bar just for the reasons Patrick Olsen stated. I am using 400# coil-overs and feel I will have enough wheel rates. A lighter swaybar should increase my front grip.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Oh, I missed that you didn't have a front sway bar at all! Anything will help in that case, and the 4cyl bar is probably better than getting another stock bar anyway, so go for it.

Pat

·
Registered
694 Posts
Another front bar worth checking into would be from a 83-84 GT. I had read that these bars measure 28.6 mm. Not quite as soft as the 4 cyl. bar but softer than your stock bar.

·
Registered
121 Posts
where do you guys buy your 4cyl bars???I cant find anyone local (like a Junk yard or something) that will sell me used GT bars.
I want something slightly smaller then my cobra front swaybar to get a little more front grip, and the GT bar is approx ~15% less stiff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts