Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm actually considering an LSx swap into my mustang for ####s and grins instead of building up a windsor motor. The over all cost of the Lsx + the 6spd swap is alot cheaper than just swapping in the 6spd behind my 5.0 (or next motor i was planning on putting together..

My issue is.. If I buy a K-Member for the car right now(Maximum Motorsports or Granatelli..) .. I dont know if I'll be able to use it in the LSx swap. From my understanding the 4.6L K-member works great with a little massaging from a dremmel..

Are there any adapter plates or anything to go from a 5.0 to a 4.6L motor mount? Or would it be better to modify the K-Member I put in the car to accept 4.6L mounts... Or replace the 5.0 K with a 4.6 K when the time comes?

Gonna try this in the 94/95 section too..

·
Registered
269 Posts
i have an aje gen I 4.6 swap k which seems to be the perfered swap method on lsx motors as all you have to do is slightly modify a 4.6 motor mount to work on the ls block , look on ls1tech and youll see , if you want to buy it , its f/s

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'd check out the AJE website. From what little browsing I did, it seems they have EXACTLY what you're looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts