Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting out of the 4.6L game (keeping my Mark VIII to do an EV conversion, though!) and I've got two engines to sell. My original plan was to throw a Vortech on the engine in the car, get it running with low-ish boost, then rebuild the spare to handle more and swap all my fun parts over.

I'm located in Asheville, NC and I'm willing to drive about an hour, so if you're in Greenville or Johnson City, I can deliver. Farther, and I'll meet you in between. Not really interested in shipping anything.

First, the engine I was running in the car.
-Original to the car, '96 Mark VIII with 325k miles
-Teksid block
-B heads with stock cams
-'97 Cobra inkake manifold and IMRC. IMRC cleaned and bearings replaced in January this year. IMRC actuator works!
-'97 Cobra fuel rail
-42lb injectors
-Kooks mid length headers
-March underdrive fluid damper with underdrive water pump and alternator pullies
-Stewart high flow water pump with cast impeller
-On3 coolant crossover delete
-MMR oil cooler delete
-Will sell with PCM and SCT X4. Currently tuned for manual transmission and SAI/EGR turned off. Was using SCT PRP for tuning.
-Has all accessories still attached; can take these off if you don't want them
-Mishimoto all-aluminum SN95 radiator w/ SN95 fan
-Has complete engine wiring harness. Harness is a little modified to adapt Mark VIII vacuum IMRC control to Cobra electric actuation

Looking for $2000 for the complete engine with all of the above. I'd like to sell this one complete, but I'll listen to any offer if you only want a particular part.

Spare engine - Sold! Thanks to crevilla2396!

I'm also selling the Vortech V2-SCi blower, mounting bracket, and intercooler. They're used from the Votech '01 Cobra kit. Looking for $600 for those, but I'll make a separate post in the power adders section.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, it's like the only thing on the car that I haven't totally replaced. Still runs great, rev'd it up to 7k on the regular, did a bunch of autocrosses on it. Timing guides were the only major thing I had to replace.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I will take that spare engine if you still have it. I’m in Johnson City. Would like to talk more with you about it. Thank you!
-Cody

1 - 4 of 4 Posts