Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have run ZMAX in your car at any point please post your engine setup, blower, NA, Nitrous, etc... Let me know if you have dyno runs before and after using the product or if you have torn an engine down after using it.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I may be fat and stupid, but I'm not crazy. Throw that SNAKE OIL CRAP straight into the f****** TRASH!!! BTW, are they sponsoring you or something?

·
Registered
633 Posts
ZMax is just tinted mineral oil The link to FTC

Snip from the site: "In those tests, motor oil treated with zMax produced more than twice as much bearing corrosion as motor oil alone. The complaint also states that the defendants fabricated one "report" from the two test reports, eliminating the bearing corrosion results and all other negative test results, and then used that report and the "official laboratory results" - similarly edited to remove detrimental data results - as sales tools in the infomercial and on the zMax Web site. "

·
Registered
493 Posts
rconaway said:
If you have run ZMAX in your car at any point please post your engine setup, blower, NA, Nitrous, etc... Let me know if you have dyno runs before and after using the product or if you have torn an engine down after using it.
Just curiuos as to what the ill effects might be.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I'm actually going to sue them in Phoenix. I'm just trying to find out if anybody else used the product. If there are enough people, I might class action them. If the damage on a regular engine is twice as much without it, imagine the damage on a blower engine run for 5 minutes at redline.

·
Registered
15,899 Posts
No, I'm actually going to sue them in Phoenix.
Wonderful. I know I'm asking to get flamed but I ask this - Why bother? If you're open to the suggestion that there is a miracle elixir to boost your car's performance, you deserve whatever crap you get. If someone on TV suggested that using a quart of chocolate milk in every other oil change would squeeze more hp, I guarantee that someone would try it. I think people should be more responsible consumers, and when things don't go their way - not be so quick to sue. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Ive put it once in my Cobra and it didnt hurt anything, Carol Shelby stated on TV in front of God and everyone he puts it in all his new Aurora race cars before delivery, although Im wondering if he's still making monthly installments on his kidney transplant and needed money at the time of his statements, life & death situations will make you do and say things you normally wouldnt. But like I said it dont seem to have any adverse affects on the engine and this is 5000 miles later..DA Snake Boy!!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm, if I buy a Ford Cobra in 1999 and it is short 40hp, I deserve what I get because I was too stupid to believe what they told me and Ford shouldn't have to get it right? That makes absolutely no sense. I researched all the products out there, found that all of them except ZMAX and one other (escapes me now) hadn't been hit by the FTC which made me assume that the product worked as advertised.

Given that same logic, if any product you buy doesn't work as advertised, you should be labeled as gullible and they should get away with it. That is patently stupid since that would apply to everything from toilet to a 747 jet. That is what the FTC is for.

Now taken that same logic, you buy a pinto and because of a defective gas tank, your car blows up, you get burned over 50% of your body, you shouldn't sue because you were too stupid to believe that the product had reasonable expectations.

If a product I use does not work as advertised and in fact, causes me more harm, then you better believe I'm gonna sue their asses of.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually Duane, if you read the FTC writeup, the problem is excessive wear under normal conditions. I lost 40hp after a Silver State Classic run due to reduced compression and who knows what else. I have the dyno runs to prove it. This showed me that the product causes excessive wear. Not only should they pay for trying to screw me, they should pay to make it right. Unless you use it a lot or use it in a situation like a race, you probably won't see the damage.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
You can sue who you want, its your choice. Ive only used it once and Ill probably never use it again, Hell Ive thrown a 150 shot of juice into my previous engines, what could be worse than that:rolleyes: So the bottom line is your engine will live or die by the choices you make good or bad..Good luck on your case...DA Snake boy!!!!

·
Registered
15,899 Posts
I don't think we're on the same page here. Problems that occur as a result of manufacturing are one thing, but no one puts a gun to your head and says "Use ZMax or die!" I don't know which, if any, additives are endorsed by people that know. (Although Carroll Shelby would USUALLY be reliable :) ) This is a choice you made. If it messes up your engine, you'll know that their claims, like all the others attacked by the FTC when you researched it, are pure BS. There's always an assumption of risk when you buy something like that.

the problem is excessive wear under normal conditions.
Isn't the Silver State Classic the deal where they let you haul ass down a 90 mile highway in the desert free of any troublesome troopers? How is this construed as being under "normal conditions"?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of course we are not on the same page, you aren't making any sense. Address the logic in my previous posts, read the laws involving consumer fraud, and then respond. If I use a product that makes a claim and the product knowingly does not live up to the claim and causes more damage, the manufacturer is liable. That is why we have things called the consumer protection agency and the Federal Trade commision. It's also why we have a Tort sytem. Why would we have these systems in place if it was okay to screw everybody and the buyer is the only one who takes it on the shorts. This logic totally escapes me.

There should be NO, and I repeat NO assumption of risk when you buy any product in this country. Why do you think preperation H says do not take internally. It's because some idiot tried it. If the government has to step in for total idiots like that, don't you think they they would be involved with something that blatantly makes a statement that is false? This is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As for Silver State Classic being normal conditions, that is exactly my point. It is not normal conditions meaning that the wear is going to be even more excessive.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey cw21726, let me guess, you think it is ok for someone to rip someone else off? You said that someone who is ignorant deserve it right? That is bs! Take their money for a product or service that is known to not be viable by the seller. I guess these suckers are not as smart as you? Right? Buyer beware is the only regulation we need huh? How about reversing the rules where beating the **** out of the fat ***** who ripped you off instead of suing. That would be more productive of a deterrent. But unfortunately, the laws seem to protect the little creeps in the world. Suing is the only game to play. And it is their game. Anyway, so you say it is lame (or you inferred) to sue. But at the same time you think a con man is ok. What kinda ****ed up logic do you have. Why not look at sueing as trying to con some money out of a con. That would make it ok with your logic. Lawyer beware. That is the breaks. ----People gripe when they hear someone wants to sue. It is because they are single minded. They usually will quote that damn McDonalds coffee being to hot suit. And how the courts are bogged down with frivalous suits. Well sometimes it is the only justice one can have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts