Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
im at the limit of my stock engine. so im starting to plan a 4.6 build(already have a handfull of parts)
im looking more into compression ratios with boost. im thinking about going with a stroker setup(3.582 bore with 3.85 stroke) that should get me to about 11 to 1 compression with my trickflow heads.
my question is, 11 to 1 compression with 11-12# of boost intercooled with e85? thoughts?????

main parts i have
18cc dish pistons
4.6 block
trickflow 38cc heads
a bunch of ARP stuff

current motor has usual bolt ons
vortech @ 11-12psi
fuel system
a bunch more but dont need to explain

Attachments

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
I agree with the above, it comes down to tuning. I don't know what issues you will have if any but for comparison I'm running 9.5:1 @ 32psi boost on E85 - twin turbo.

ks

·
Registered
917 Posts
With ported pi heads (43cc chambers when I measured) I was running a lower compression with the 18cc heads, but bumped up with the 38 trick flows later on. I wouldn’t waste any money on a stroker kit if I had the choice, just my .02.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Id like to be 700+rwhp was thinking the 11 to 1 could get me there quicker.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Is 11:1 possible with that deep a dish and cylinder head? I have the same setup with a .030 head gasket and I’m nowhere near that. Just a side thought, raising the compression can also minimize ptv clearance, which isn’t a terrible concern on the tfs heads, but it may be something to keep in mind if your lowering deck height, or however you plan on raising compression with that piston.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, engine is gunna be back from the machine shop in the next week or so. decided to go with a 10.5ish to 1 compression. next ill be looking for a crank and rods. then the motor goes together. ill keep this updated as good as i can.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi guys,
im at the limit of my stock engine. so im starting to plan a 4.6 build(already have a handfull of parts)
im looking more into compression ratios with boost. im thinking about going with a stroker setup(3.582 bore with 3.85 stroke) that should get me to about 11 to 1 compression with my trickflow heads.
my question is, 11 to 1 compression with 11-12# of boost intercooled with e85? thoughts?????

main parts i have
18cc dish pistons
4.6 block
trickflow 38cc heads
a bunch of ARP stuff

current motor has usual bolt ons
vortech @ 11-12psi
fuel system
a bunch more but dont need to explain
Very similar to my build. 3.75 Kellogg crank Ross pistons and valve reliefs with worked over PI heads got me right at 11.1 compression and 13psi on a 2.1 KB running E85. 550 RWHP and a best 1/8 at 6.39

1 - 11 of 11 Posts