Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
authorized corral.net advertisers
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This billet trigger wheel from MMR is designed to replace the factory stamped steel piece. The MMR trigger wheel features CNC machined precision compared to a stamping which can vary as much as .007" and cause timing errors. This trigger wheel is one of the most important parts of the ignition system besides the coils and spark plugs themselves!

USA Machined From Billet Steel
Increases possible RPM potential with a cleaner trigger signal
Higher strength reducing deformity at high rpm
Works with all THICK STYLE crankshaft sprockets (any application from 2001 to 2014 Including GT 500) - Does Not fit 5.0 Coyote

Order now: Billet Trigger relluctor Wheel 99+ Mustang GT / Cobra / GT500 [400046] - $89.99 : Modular Motorsports, Home of the Worlds Fastest Modular Engines

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Txt

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump ttt

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Hello, do you know what the time involved was to design and build this piece was? I ask because I'm having an issue with an Explorer 302 balancer, for a stroker(347). I had to have two balancers modified to accept a stock trigger wheel. It worked using the older 28oz SBF balancer from Ford. The issue is for performance use, the OEM balancer isn't a good choice to begin with. Aftermarket units have little metal on the backside, or the imbalance weight is there, which makes attaching a trigger wheel difficult.

Does a magnetic pickup need a magic thickness of the trigger wheel, and what is the thickness of that MMR piece? I'm wondering if possibly a slightly different version of that could be used behind an aftermarket SBF balancer. I have a used Explorer balancer to measure from but I haven't done anything yet like calling certain brands for help or suggestions.

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Don, a tech guy here should be able to answer those questions but unfortunately they are not on the forums, a call in would be best.

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ttt

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ttt

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ttt

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hello, Can I get a price for a billet trigger wheel, billet timing chain guides for a 5.4 dohc tensioner side and the passenger/secondary chain tensioner as a diy kit.

Thanks,

Patrick

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Patrick, you are looking at $467

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ttt

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd like to pick one of these up. Also, has MMR messed with making a better locked out adjustable phaser that would compliment this trigger wheel and allow you to degree your cams when vct is locked out?

·
17,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Which engine?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts