Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching and I guess it's never been done.

Will an intercooler that is 4.5 inches thick fit a 93 GT. Car still has A/C but condenser has been moved back about an inch. I still have the stock bumper cover on the car and it is trimmed a bit for the current intercooler. The current cooler is 3.5 thick and only needed the plastic inside support trimmed to make everything fit.

The intercooler I was looking at was a Treadstone TR 1245
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=67920&cat_key=63&prodname=TR1245+Intercooler++1000HP

It lists the cooler size as 12.5x22x4.5

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
116 Posts
with some work I'm sure you could make it fit, might have to go to a tubular bumper support and angle it towards the front of the car. Another thing to remember is airflow from your fan being able to move enough air through a thicker IC and across the condenser and radiator too.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw some of the metal bumper supports but does that keep the shape of the urethane bumper cover?

Are you using a GT or LX cover. My setup is a GT bumper.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have seen bigger ones fit. The biggest I have seen fit today is a Garrett core that measures 27.8*12.7*5.1 and with the overall measurement of 32.5*12.7*5.1 and the bumper support has to be removed to make it fit, or some custom stuff needs to be done to make it work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts