Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting an engine build and considering going to an aluminum block. I have read that the Nemak cast aluminum blocks from 05-10 Mustang GT's are pretty stout. Some same better than Teksid. Therefore, I am giving them a serious look. I can find these pretty cheap and not for much more than a WAP. Teksid's are way over priced now.

Anyway, I believe that the only difference in the two blocks is with the front cover mounting hole locations. There is one bolt hole that doesn't line up? Is there a timing cover that does work with my 2003 front end accessories? Or do I have to drill and tap a new hole?

Are there any other mechanical differences I should be aware of or does the rest bolt right up?

Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Good price. That what a WAP goes for out here (200 - 400). Teksid out here is about twice that without any machine work.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I run a 3v short block with TFS 44cc 2v heads which is just under 11:1 compression. The hole that doesn’t have a bolt hole in the block for the timing cover is at the 2 O’clock position from the water pump. Just used some RTV to fill the hole of the cover and it hasn’t leaked and been like that for 8yrs so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great. And that was the only discrepancy between the two blocks? Everything else is where is should be?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have an 08 f250 5.4 3v block in my 02 harley with tfs 44R heads. I dont remember doing anything special with the front cover but its been years. All was simple bolt up no modifications needed.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
For all things on Mod motors this is the best sight out there:
There are very detailed threads describing all the differences and what to do.

ks

Reactions: Steve03
1 - 11 of 11 Posts