Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, it looks like uncle sam has been good to me this year, and i will end up with 3k to spend in mods, give or take a little. i want a blower...but i'm scared to blow up my motor (if it does blow i will be able to replace it, but i don't want to go thru that right now). i was thinking either:

vortech sq-trim and a custom tune to go with it (local guy does diablochips)

-or-

bullit intake (p&p'ed), get my heads p&p'ed, and some headers

-or-

just buy the SHM econo GT shortblock now.

the thing is, i will do all of these eventually, but i need help deciding on the order. if i get the blower i will run 8lbs until i build the bottom end. i know the blower is the best bang for the buck of the other two choices. does anyone have any opinions?

gino

ps...damn i've been posting a lot lately!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would go with the Vortech. and a license plate that says blow me! The bullit intake, P&Ped heads, along with custom grind cams will put give you some decent power as well. I don't think that the SHM GT block is worth it, unless you are going to 300ci, on a NA motor.

What about dropping a cobra motor in, you could do that for 3K, I have heard that it's not that difficult, you just need the harness, complete block, and im not sure about the computer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts