Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 351W bored .060 with, 26cc dish Mahle pistons, 6.125 rods, 3.5" forged eagle crank, and the block was decked to 9.475".

The heads are KPI TFS HPs that have been ported by bennet racing to 227cc and out fitted with del-west 2.05 titanium intake valves and manley 1.60 stainless exhaust valves. T&D shaft rockers and beehive springs.

The cam is a 2nd hand Ed Curtis HYD roller

The turbo setup is a cut up On3 kit.

And here are the pictures.

In this pic everything is loose so i can figure out how i want to run my alternator.

Thats as far as i have gotten for now. Tomorrow i hope to have most of the piping done, and the fuel lines hooked up.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
221 Posts
how close is that intake set up to the hood? I am wanting to ditch my 4 inch cowl, but my box intake makes it need to be that tall,

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, i got some new pics i will post up tonight. The Turbo is the 76mm from on3, after i get my tax return i plan on going with something like a S375. BUT i am open to suggestions, so any input is welcome.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how close is that intake set up to the hood? I am wanting to ditch my 4 inch cowl, but my box intake makes it need to be that tall,
It hits, i would probably need a 2.5" cowl for it to clear, which will have to wait till tax return time

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to make the charge pipe today, now i need to make a 1/2" throttle body spacer, and extend the down pipe ~4"

I probably wont be able to get any work done on this till friday, but we will see.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes i am, i had the engine set back 1" but none of my Turbo kit fit so i moved it back to stock.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I didn't know T&D did colored rockers?

Mine are boring natural aluminum...for the amount of money they cost I would have loved to have gotten them in blue.

:)

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
nice to see some long rod setups!

what year block are you running? what are you tuning it with?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't know T&D did colored rockers?

Mine are boring natural aluminum...for the amount of money they cost I would have loved to have gotten them in blue.

:)
Yea, i think these might be old ones cause they are also only 1.6 ratio, and i think now you can only get them in 1.7.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Subsrcibing, I plan on building somethin similar in the future..
Did you have the block checked after goin .060 over?
Good luck man, keep diggin!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no need to go solid, seeing how this will be a "street" car. Now if i were trying to squeeze every last bit of power out of it i would have gone solid. I had a solid roller in my 347 and the throttle response was nice but i think a hyd roller will get me my goal just fine. And i plan to keep it below 6800rpm. thanks for the complement.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Subsrcibing, I plan on building somethin similar in the future..
Did you have the block checked after goin .060 over?
Good luck man, keep diggin!
Thanks, i did have the block checked and im good to go.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts