Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a newbie here and wanted to post to get some help, my step father gave me a 355 he had in a 70 nova, double humps, flat tops, vic jr., quite a bit of work done to it so the other day a buddy offered a perfect 89 coupe roller to me for 300 bucks so i figured what the hell, now i need some pointers on motor mounts and headers and stuff! thanks in advance

·
Registered
474 Posts
I love chevy swaps in mustangs! unfortunately i don't have one but the way to go is with a aje k member. The motor mounts are universal you just order the kit with chevy mounts. Thats why i got that one for future planing. all it is is a phone call and a change of part number and i can drop a chevy right in! american racing header and kooks both make custom headers for foxes with chevy motors. you can also look on here, yellowbullet, or racingjunk for them used. hope i could help thats what this sites all about.:salute:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I did one on a plate

if I did it over Id use afco k and headers

the cheap way is weld some flat steel on the k mounts and use stock gm mount with 69-81 camaro headers

the car I did had aje k memeber I think and the afco headers didnt clear that well, thats why I would do matching k and headers

but the cheap way would work good to. there is a thread here somewhere

the one I did is a 383 in 85GT, goes 10.40's. its a solid roller with vic jr heads but its not that crazy IMO. 7200 shift, glide 4.10 gear

oh yeah you can buy a trans crossmemeber but we just fabbed one. it was easy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts