Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fabbed an on3 351w hotside on a 302 foxbody? I got a really good deal on and 351w kit, just wondering how much hacking is needed because and the different deck sizes for the cross over pipe.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I think you just need to shorten the wastegate portion of the crossover pipe. If my memory serves me right it's about 1.5" too long above the wastegate flange, and .75" too long at the socket end. I also cut the weld on the v band and repositioned it, this was a must.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tested fitted my 302 kit on a 351 l, I had on a stand.
If you cut off the flex and welded a short bellow looked to be the easiest way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tested fitted my 302 kit on a 351 l, I had on a stand.
If you cut off the flex and welded a short bellow looked to be the easiest way.
I was thinking of using a header flange as a spacer between the head and header to extend it a little bit

·
Registered
34 Posts
You could possibly do that on the driver side.
Not sure how thick of a spacer you have but it'd have to be thick.

Now I don't know how this would fit in the car this was just on a stand so you might run into things. As boosted mentioned repositioning things .

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Not sure if you could do it without having to weld. It's a fairly easy job depending on your fab skills and shop tools. The only tools I used is a tape measure, angle grinder with a cut off wheel, then sanding disc to debur my cuts. Made a few tack welds to test fit. If you don't have access to a welder, cut it to fit, than tape it together and have your local muffler shop do the welding.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could possibly do that on the driver side.
Not sure how thick of a spacer you have but it'd have to be thick.

Now I don't know how this would fit in the car this was just on a stand so you might run into things. As boosted mentioned repositioning things .
I might be better off trading the hotside for a 302 set up, I'll be doing it in a driveway with hand tools, it's my dd so I can't have it down too long

·
Registered
714 Posts
Do you want to sell your hot side by chance?
I'm putting a 351w this fall and need to get one to replace my 302 hot side.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you want to sell your hot side by chance?
I'm putting a 351w this fall and need to get one to replace my 302 hot side.
if i can find a 302 hotside sure, let me look and around and get back to you

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
If you guys strike a deal and there's an extra downpipe I would be interested in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts