Ford Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you for the nice comments, the goal of this built was to have a fun street car that I could drive in the summer in comfort with A/C. oh it is running a solid roller valvetrain.
Now for the question, my plans are to use the stock A9L computer and a TwEEcer /RT system to tune it to the Cleveland. I was trying to get this done for a car show on labor day weekend but do not see me making it as I still need to buy the TwEEcer system and a set of 36 lbs. injectors and just do not have the $ right now so this will continue to be put together over the winter and come up in the spring. May be I will find a Tremec over the winter to use instead of the T5.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hedman Husler Headers

All Cleveland said:
Mine are hedman hustler 351C swap headers. They fit fine around the shaft even with a stock rag joint. The only thing is before they are put on, each tube should be cut a little shorter than the next one so when you put the collector on, you are not trying to start all 4 tubes at the same time which is a PITA.
That is what I had in my stang when I bought it, even though it was a 351W with 351C heads. They worked fine, and sounded great.

·
Registered
45 Posts
rdksek844 said:
Is there only one type of torker? Did you find that one to be the best or was it just one you had laying around? I have no intake yet, so I am willing to buy the best now. Thanks.

The best intake I think would be this on; because it is a bolt on piece, but it is not cheap, read the description on the page they still list the 351 C but they do not give a price anymore??? No mater what intake you use I would only use a single plane, and an air gap intake if you could. As for the toker i think there where two styles but do not remember sorry.

·
Registered
320 Posts
91 stang said:
The best intake I think would be this on; because it is a bolt on piece, but it is not cheap, read the description on the page they still list the 351 C but they do not give a price anymore??? No mater what intake you use I would only use a single plane, and an air gap intake if you could. As for the toker i think there where two styles but do not remember sorry.
That's cool. Thanks for all the help. My block should be going out to the machine shop soon so hopefully things should start getting interesting.

·
Registered
45 Posts
91 stang said:

sorry for some reason the hyper link did not show for the correct intake. so here it is again.
http://www.coasthigh.com/Fuel%20Injection/spyder.htm

·
Registered
43 Posts
engine looks good in the car...I have no interest in AC or anything but looks good. FI is sharp...next setup will be fuel injected turbo for me...maybe even turbo cleveland....still working on my NA/NOS cleveland right now....cars look good guys.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Well I finished the belt setup, but I have not started the motor yet.

ok, what brackets are those from and how much modification had to be done to them.

I see how it looks like you rerouted the belt with an additional idler pulley to get the proper spin on the water pump. is that a stock 351c pump?? also, everything else turns in proper rotation??

have you had this running yet?? does running the ribs over that flat pulley surface damage them any quicker??

OH, and WHAT did you get that water pump pulley off of?? I've never seen one with a guide rib on both the back and front of it??

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
OH, and WHAT did you get that water pump pulley off of?? I've never seen one with a guide rib on both the back and front of it??
Looks like a stock Mustang 5.0 waterpump pulley to me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
91 Stang, very nice set up! I'm going the same thing. It appears you have kept the Power Brake booster. Any problems in that area? I have some info that you would have to remove the Power Booster when doing this swap to clear the valve covers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
91 Stang, very nice set up! I'm going the same thing. It appears you have kept the Power Brake booster. Any problems in that area? I have some info that you would have to remove the Power Booster when doing this swap to clear the valve covers.

I will have problems with the brake booster, I have the V8 one to put on next.

·
Registered
390 Posts
91 stang: NICE set-up first and for most. What did you use for the A/C bracket and how much modifying did it take.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just test fitted the engine the other night. Seems to fit well, though I don't have the custom headers yet, so hopefully they'll fit too.

81 - 100 of 159 Posts