Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys who are running around 350 rwhp have any problems with launching on ET streets/slicks with the stock axles and no battle boxes??? I have my suspension/drivetrain/engine combo below in the sig, would you anticipate any problems with launching above 3500 rpm on slicks?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I purchased a cheap(200.00 for the pair w/ long studs installed) set of 28 spline Yukon axles from Randy's Ring & Pinion. They're stroger than stock, and ET Drags let me hang the fronts out to dry on launch.

1.57 60'

No battleboxes, but I'm sure I'll need them soon.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really, I haven't heard of replaceing 28 splines with 28 splines. I guess its cheaper then going the 31 spline route. Do you have a website for them? And what makes them stronger as opposed to the stock units?

·
Registered
716 Posts
that or summit has superior axles that come with new bearings and seals for 250, the good thing about them is they have a 2 year warranty. the material they are made of and the hardening process makes them stronger than stock axles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been launching on 315/35 DR's w/ stock axle. I just had the torque boxes reinforced and axle supports put on.

The installer said my upper torque boxes were in bad shap. i only launch at 2500 with the dr's making 392rwhp. I would think slicks will rip it up quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts