Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Venmo is owned by PayPal and I've used it but only after picking up the goods. You can pay right at pickup and a lot of people will take it. When you buy from afar, I'd us PayPal but I've had a bad experience there too. Nothing is iron clad.......

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes. They said the usually they will review it and see what they can do. Might be up to 45 business days before a conclusion. No guarantee anything will change. My assumption is if he already transferred the money away and closed the account, it's too late. Scammers work fast and know how to cover their tracks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
can someone confirm if this is a Systemax- II or the original Systemax? i dont know what the original Systemax actually looks like. im assuming this is the S-II. sells does not know but thinks its original.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
that's a SM2 - the SM1 was the lower only and was used with the stock upper HO intake. How much are they asking for that? The EGR is plugged - if you are going to run EGR you will have to fab up a line from lower to upper. Here is how I did mine...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
its on marketplace locally for 500$. so far thats been my best option, theres another for $450 in better condition thats 2.5 hour drive each way. member on here offering me one hasnt come up with a price yet but i assume its going to be the same price range plus shipping. still cheaper than a 850$ new intake

i thought the EGR was internal on these? whats the small hole in the middle of the runners then? either way its not a major concern. i could run EGR, the AFR185 head i believe are emissions legal. but i deleted the EGR when using the E-street heads previously.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
i bought the intake tonight, got it some cheaper at least. defiantly not perfect condition but defiantly useable. they went alittle overboard on RTV, using it instead of gaskets on both sides of plenum spacer. no usable bolts, only 1 is stripped bad, all holes needs to be chased. an injector bung needs some attention, looks like something heavy nicked it. only real concern i had was this hole that was drilled and plugged under the upper plenum. seems like its between the runners and doesnt actually hit in the plenum. but im goiong to take it out and inspect it anywasy due to the excessive RTV trying to seal it

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
As Tom stated.... The Holley SM2 is the best for what you're doing.

To offset the cost, sell the GT40 and the TFS intake.

FWIW, the TFS long runner EFI intakes are not that great, other than the Box R...
Ed,
can the the r upper be ported or modified to compete with a Systemax or is it the R upper a waste of time?

ty

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Ed,
can the the r upper be ported or modified to compete with a Systemax or is it the R upper a waste of time?

ty
and
TFS-R box, or Holley not an option? If you've got a pickup hood clearance shouldn't be an issue, so could run a spacer or two.
David, do you have a link to the thread you made of your cutting apart a TFR R upper and porting it? I forgot, but how did that end up, performance or flow changes etc?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Tmoss, was wondering if you might know. how big is the flow difference between the Systemax-II lower vs a stock or ported 5.0 truck lower?

some people on the truck forums bring up putting a S-II upper on a stock 5.0 truck lower. also on one of Richard Holdener's videos couple days ago, i saw some people discussing the 5.0 truck intake. had me curious how good the 5.0 truck intake really is flow wise. ive alwasy heard that the complete 5.0 truck intake is comparable to a GT40 intake

·
USAF retired
9,406 Posts
David, do you have a link to the thread you made of your cutting apart a TFR R upper and porting it? I forgot, but how did that end up, performance or flow changes etc?
Nope, had a thread on Yellowbullet and Hardcore50, but both are gone. YB had some sort of issue so the older threads are gone. I had all the internal measurements listed in those threads too. I still have the pics though, could make a thread and load them up here I suppose.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Gotcha, I figured you had tested it by now, and might say if the R intake is similar to the SII in ported form. I'm leaning away from a long runner EFI intake for my old Ford, but I was considering the TFS R intake for a while.

·
USAF retired
9,406 Posts
Gotcha, I figured you had tested it by now, and might say if the R intake is similar to the SII in ported form. I'm leaning away from a long runner EFI intake for my old Ford, but I was considering the TFS R intake for a while.
We've ran it on 302's vs. a long runner upper, but they don't turn enough RPM to take advantage of it, it didn't lose that much though, as another plus it was several pounds lighter. The Holley will run faster when compared to the TFS-R long runner. Where the ports go from the plenum to the lower they reduce in size pretty significantly, plus the port inlets at the plenum are different sized dependent upon what side of the engine they feed.
That upper is slated for my son's 86 Capri with the 331, that should work just fine for it.

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Thanks, I remember a little of that mentioned in your thread, I think that was on SBFtech.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Tmoss, was wondering if you might know. how big is the flow difference between the Systemax-II lower vs a stock or ported 5.0 truck lower?

some people on the truck forums bring up putting a S-II upper on a stock 5.0 truck lower. also on one of Richard Holdener's videos couple days ago, i saw some people discussing the 5.0 truck intake. had me curious how good the 5.0 truck intake really is flow wise. ive alwasy heard that the complete 5.0 truck intake is comparable to a GT40 intake
As a practical matter, you need to think about a couple of things. First is we don't suggest flowing just a lower because that is not how the engine uses the intake - we leave that to Big Dog ;) You have to consider what your have in the combination and what your goals are. Flow is NOT the primary consideration in all cases. So, to answer the question anybody should want to know a lot more information. Generalizations are a shot in the dark. If a truck wants more pulling power or is a race truck has a huge impact on what is needed, including the intake. If you put a Holley on a truck lower, it won't match and work needs to be done. And, where are you going to find a Holley upper or lower to buy without buying the whole intake? Not an easy task. So, once you buy a Holley intake and match the upper to a truck lower as well as port the lower, why not just use a whole Holley SM2?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts