Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Too bad. I always like that car. Have you considered going with 4.30s or even more gearing and run a 28 inch tire since its a dedicated track car?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Too bad. I always like that car. Have you considered going with 4.30s or even more gearing and run a 28 inch tire since its a dedicated track car?
I’m not gonna touch the rear until I find out what the car is doing with the new trans and converter and then go from there.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I had 4.88’s in the orange coupe.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I know you mentioned no port work, but I see Ben Alameda in your signature. He's the man! I've known him for almost 30yrs.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I know you mentioned no port work, but I see Ben Alameda in your signature. He's the man! I've known him for almost 30yrs.
👍 I was working with Ben on a new car build that I had to abort due to life events about 10 years ago when I got out of racing. Ben is one of the most genuine honest guys in the game. This current car is evolving quickly. If all of this BS virus and political crap ever go away, I’m in a much better position to build a badass motor than I was 10 years ago. I might be hitting Ben up soon. If I build another motor for this car, I’m gonna throw this 331 into my 66 coupe resto mod that I’m building.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
If a car is at the track and has Ben’s name on it, it’s pretty much guaranteed to be hauling ass! 👍✌

·
Registered
336 Posts
👍 I was working with Ben on a new car build that I had to abort due to life events about 10 years ago when I got out of racing. Ben is one of the most genuine honest guys in the game. This current car is evolving quickly. If all of this BS virus and political crap ever go away, I’m in a much better position to build a badass motor than I was 10 years ago. I might be hitting Ben up soon. If I build another motor for this car, I’m gonna throw this 331 into my 66 coupe resto mod that I’m building.
I get ya. I've ventured from the 12s,11's and 10's with my car all in a 30yr span lol. Ben is a straight shooter and guided me the whole way. I actually just sent him a message asking what he'd recommend next for my GT's quest of 9's.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If a car is at the track and has Ben’s name on it, it’s pretty much guaranteed to be hauling ass! 👍✌
He's definitely the king of N/A cars. I really enjoy his tech articles on FB. I probably understand less than 10% of it, but that 10% goes a long way.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Made it out to the track today. Went from previous best of 8.03 @ 87 to 7.75 @ 90. The 1-2 shift lags quite a bit with this AOD. Can’t wait to get the C4 with T-brake.

before that I may try locked out timing next time out.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Ok I ran again last night. I was able to run a 7.63 @ 91.8 mph and the AOD was slipping so bad that I shifted @ 5500 and it hit the rev limiter at 6400 before it shifted.

I’m pulling the transmission today. Just picked up an Ultimate C4 with transbrake Friday. Also have an UCC 8” converter to install.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Pulled that hunk of **** AOD yesterday. Today I installed the new lokar throttle cable and Holcomb shifter plate. Tomorrow I’ll try to get the quarter stick mounted and see if I can figure out the wiring for Park/Neutral start. When that’s done I’ll slap the new C4 in.
2EE419D0-0E75-4143-AD3B-C0CE552F4DEF.jpeg

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Got a new hood too. Kaenan 5” extended cowl. Makes it look much faster than it is, but we’re getting there 😆
477DB49C-92D4-4E2A-BF57-7F363DE2A87F.jpeg

·
Registered
602 Posts
Whats the hp rating on the C4? just out of curiosity is the pricing competitive with performance automatic transmissions?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Whats the hp rating on the C4? just out of curiosity is the pricing competitive with performance automatic transmissions?
Mike’s and PA are about the same price. If I have issues I’d rather drive to Lancaster than ship to Canada. Plus the transmission in my coupe was this same transmission and it worked flawlessly pass after pass. Once I find something that works I stick with it.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
You should take a road trip and come down to Barona when I get this thing out back together.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah I'd like to go. I have been away from racing for a very long time, I think it's time start showing my face around the track again.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Finally made it back out today with new transmission, 1 3/4” full length headers, 3” exhaust and fiberglass hatch.

car went a best of 7.00 @ 96 with a 1.47 60’
I was learning the car and getting faster, but the track went away on the last two passes, so I called it a day. 6’s coming soon.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Finally made it back out today with new transmission, 1 3/4” full length headers, 3” exhaust and fiberglass hatch.

car went a best of 7.00 @ 96 with a 1.47 60’
I was learning the car and getting faster, but the track went away on the last two passes, so I called it a day. 6’s coming soon.
Wow that C4 dropped your times that much. I also have a 331 with a Art Carr AOD, my best time is 7.4

Reactions: Blwn331

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Wow that C4 dropped your times that much. I also have a 331 with a Art Carr AOD, my best time is 7.4
Yes, car only weighs 2481lbs. 2741lbs with me in it. I should hit 6’s next time out. Weather is much cooler and I just put bogarts on the front.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts