Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also I ordered an 8” UCC converter today. After exhaust, built C4 with transbrake, UCC converter, and retune, I think this car is gonna surprise some folks.

I went to the track this past Saturday and knocked .3 off my times and picked up 2.5 mph in 101* heat. I pulled off the AC, power steering and a bunch of other junk that added up to 215lbs of bullshit.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My 331 is just like yours.... i put on a S trim and added 15lbs of boost.
Its a rocketship now.
That’s awesome. This car will wake up real soon. I like a fast NA car. I love when people at the track start asking where your hiding the nitrous lol

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What did it run?
It’s still slow, but to put things into perspective I’ve been to the track 3 times. The first time out the shifter cable on the AOD wasn’t adjusted correctly (my fault) and the transmission was shifting from 1st to 3rd. Best time was 8.9 @ 79.

2nd time out after cable adjustment new best of 8.3 @ 85

Last time out it ran 8.03 @ 87 in 100*
all of these are leaving off the footbrake at like 1800-1900 rpm.

I have a C4 w/transbrake being built, hurst quarter stick, UCC 8” converter, full exhaust and retune lined up over next month or two.

in the meantime I’m gonna put an off road H-pipe on and go for 7’s. Hopefully next week.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
at that power level your best bet is a manual trans

most aftermarket cats will support 650+ rwhp. Highly unlikely your cats are holding you back any.

Your best bet would be to keep going to the track and advancing and retarding the distributor to see what she likes best. No need in a re-tune if your fueling is ok and you dont have any other issues.

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
at that power level your best bet is a manual trans

most aftermarket cats will support 650+ rwhp. Highly unlikely your cats are holding you back any.

Your best bet would be to keep going to the track and advancing and retarding the distributor to see what she likes best. No need in a re-tune if your fueling is ok and you dont have any other issues.
Thanks for the reply, but I don’t agree that 4 Cats aren’t holding it back any. Do you have any proof of that statement? I would like to read up on that if you do. Hell even if they weren’t holding it back, the weights savings alone might get me there.

I have thought about messing around with locked out timing next time out. The AF ratio is fat in my opinion. 12.4 across the board. I have a wideband. Last time out I saw 12.4 a blip of 12.7 and then back to 12.4

I also just put an electric water pump and light weight alternator bracket on. Better air and it will run into the 7’s. After the C4 and all that it will go deep into the 7’s for sure.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Ive made over 1,000rwhp on new coyotes with stock cats.

Ive made 650+rwhp on aftermarket cats on pushrods, 2v and 3v's.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ive made over 1,000rwhp on new coyotes with stock cats.

Ive made 650+rwhp on aftermarket cats on pushrods, 2v and 3v's.
Just because you made those numbers doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have made more without 4 cats. This is a race only car it would make zero sense to keep 4 cats on the car. Id be willing to bet a dime to a dollar that an off road pipe will make more power any day of the week and two times on Sunday.

Sounds like you have some healthy combos. I’ll post back if I make it to the track next week.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
if its such a race car why would you put 4 aftermarket cats on it ?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
if its such a race car why would you put 4 aftermarket cats on it ?
Well it started out as a Father son street/strip project. It was fully California street legal and I installed AC and power steering that it didn’t have before. After about 7 months of me working on the car alone and my son spending 14 hours a day playing video games and not trying to study for the driving test, I decided tough love was in order. I let him know that nothing in life is free and you have to work for things to appreciate them.

I told him I wasn’t giving him the car. If he changes his ways we will help him. if not have fun playing video games and mooching rides from your friends.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You need to take his video games away.
This is a difficult time for all of us. Especially our kids. I don’t want to go on a political rant, but this fake virus is destroying everything we know. This isn’t going to end well regardless of wins this fake election.

it’s a slippery slope becauseif you take away the one thing that makes them happy when they are already depressed it might cause them to do things they wouldn’t normally do.

Reactions: thadude

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This was my pride n joy 10 years ago. That’s how long I’ve been out of the game. It was a 10:1 395w all box parts no porting. Just a good combo.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I don’t want to go on a political rant, but this fake virus is destroying everything we know.
I take it that you haven't lost a family member or friend to this "fake" virus? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I take it that you haven't lost a family member or friend to this "fake" virus? :rolleyes:
I’ve lost 4 family members this year and none of them were due to the COVID lie. I have 5 family members that work in hospitals in different cities around the US. Hospitals are empty or are providing the wrong treatment.

If you lost a family member you truly have my condolences. From the bottom of my heart to you and your family.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I thought the 95 shinoda was your baby? You still have that thing?
Got rid of it a year after I bought it back. Didn’t have the time for it. My kids were young and busy. We had Jiu jitsu training everyday and tournaments almost every weekend for quite a few years. Met my wife in that car though haha.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts