Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a trip to Dayton, OH today.....
Back on the rollers to see what kind of gain the rockers gave me...

1st pull was 294hp/329tq.. (I ran 11.99 @ 112.16mph) on this tune...

best pull was 301.57hp/338.68tq.... I'm hoping to see 11.89 on this tune but that's just a crazy goal of mine... Maybe once the Fall air rolls around... but, on this pull, the temp was 83* and it was around 12 o'clock... The air didn't feel terrible but not ideal...

I'm very pleased with the results to say the least..... :)
I gained almost 7hp/10 ft. lbs. by going from 1.6's to 1.72's....

Can't wait for the Fall air..... :leghump:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99' Mountaineer engine, stock speed density cam, heads never lifted, beehive springs, 1.72's, expl. intake, no porting on intake or heads... alum. flywheel, pulleys, power pipe, 75mm T.B., LMAF, Speedbrain, longtubes, dr. gas x, dynomax catback, 4.10's, suspension.....

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts
Sheesh Curt:

That thing is ridiculous. You've got a pretty low $$/hp ratio going on! LOL!

Congrats

Steve

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jesse: it's an HO cam swapped in...

Steve: I'm very, very happy... It was so nice to see it say 3xx.xx....
The car feels like it has a little more bite to it.. I had to try it out when I was getting on the Interstate... :) I'm anxious to get to the track... I just hope I can get a sixty foot out of it without having to travel 93 miles north!! >:p

Thanks to everyone for the comments... I think I got a good engine when I found this one...

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
What does the car weigh?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car weighs 3,120.. still has power steering...

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I love seeing more with less. Awsome..!! Im hoping you dont slow down! Sounds strange but it all comes down where ur new power curves are. Now you have a different shift point. Good luck, Oh try different size tires and drop some weight it will go 11s.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
i think someone had a stroker motor explorer and you got lucky :king:. i hope my motor makes numbers like that maybe a little better .know go get that 11.80s :lol:

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Thats haulin ass. It looks like your car hooks like no other. Are you running 4.10's?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Think you should come up to Joliet next weekend and run Factory Stock with that setup.
John, I appreciate the comment buddy but I'm a LONG way from being anywhere near competitive or even LEGAL in that class... I'm on slicks, not drag radials.. shoot, my sixty's are 1.59-1.60 on ET drags.. BUT, that is 26 x 8.5".....

How in the world are you doing 1.51 on a drag radial?? 350 lbs. in the trunk? :idunno:

Besides, next weekend is CRUE FEST in Indy.. I'm not missin' that... :D

Nitrous SSC: 4.10 rear gears.. the transmission has a 2.95 first gear tho...

Virgil: You are welcome to come out and test the motor for cubic inch/compression/etc.. :)

I'll be sure to have some video footage in the Fall time..

A buddy of mine swears that some stepped Bassani/Kooks headers would pick me up...... :joy: That's music to my ears but I can't hardly believe this engine has more left in it...

·
Registered
151 Posts
great numbers

Those are some great numbers with stock cam, I was hoping to get close to 300rwhp with my stock cam setup> AFR 165s, 58cc, 1.72 RRs, cobra I/T ported lower, 88 SD eec,19lbrs, 65mm TB, 1 5/8th shorties, this combo made 285rwhp/ 322rwtrq, any advice to get a few more ponies would be appreciated

1 - 20 of 73 Posts