Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is a 94 gt,5 speed. I run a cheapy ebay twin kit (this was before On3, otherwise I woulda gone with that) Stock engine running my SN95 TB on a fox intake and megasquirt controlling everything.

Just before winter hit, I had the damn thing running great, meaning it started great, idled great, and revved great. Only had taken it down the block 2-3 times. Now I'm trying to finish the project since it's been 3 years and counting. Well, now it's stumbling, hunting idle and misfiring. I put fresh gas in and changed the plugs, no change. I really am considering cutting my losses and selling it for obviously far less then I have in to it.

I tried reloading one of my MSQ's from last fall when it was running a lot better and no change. Everything I can think of to check seems good.
I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
for such a mild combo i would run the stock harness and electronics and be done with it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I don't feel the turbo kit is the issue. Like i said it has run fine in the past, it's just in the last month or 2 that it's acting up. I've checked for vacuum leaks and can't find any, if anything, it pulls 20-22 inches vacuum so I think I'm good there. My WB was showing near stoich when it was running good, now it bounces around some more. The WB is feeding back into the MS as I had it running autotune which was working great.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Tried a new coil? Its a cheap fix and I've seen several go bad on foxes.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The coil is new as is the dizzy, but who knows, it may hav an issue. I'll pull the coil off my nephews cobra and see if helps....

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you still run an IAC it will cause that issue (could be seized from sitting, take it off and clean it.). O2 sensors will also (if you run open downpipe it could have been exposed to condensation etc.). Other than that I cant think of anything simple at the moment. I have no experience with megasquirt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts