Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a 3 inch extension off my downpipe to the axle.

What muffler guys????

I want something that isnt crazy loud but sounds good!

Videos demanded!

:evil:

·
Registered
379 Posts
3in dynomax race bullet,look up mike murillo's white gt on youtube or streetfire and you'll hear what they sound like.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
just did this whole post for my 95 turbo 5.0 and came up with dynomax ultraflow it gives you a nice flowmaster sound at idle and great turbo sound at wot

·
Registered
382 Posts
just did this whole post for my 95 turbo 5.0 and came up with dynomax ultraflow it gives you a nice flowmaster sound at idle and great turbo sound at wot
^true. If you search about it you should come up with a test done by a magazine. It has idle db, 2k db, wot db and flow for them. Just make sure you get a straight through.

I need to make a good video, but thats a hooker max flow dumped

·
Registered
389 Posts
I LOVE my Dynomax Ultraflows. I would never believe it if I did not know better that my car has dual 3" exhaust with a 347 and a 76 mm turbo. Its nice and quiet at idle. Love it! Not tuned yet so can't say about wideopen.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Check out the Borla XR1 mufflers. I run a single 3.5" from the DP to the axle dumped. Sounds awesome!

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
Mikes car is not very loud, but sounds great at WOT!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah pappy, the kit is on the car and ready to eat.

I think im going to go with the borla, I was leaning with it when mike told me months it sounded great.

His car made excellenet numbers, if I make the same, I think i'll #### myself.
:D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Like Bob said, my car is not really loud until I step on it. Has a nice mild tone until you open it up. I can hear both the turbo and waste gate on my setup. I love the way it sounds. I finally uploaded some video from when I went to the track in October. Here is 2 passes I made. You can even see a quick shot of that sexy flyin hawaiin in the second one :)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Byron-Dragway-Oct-2008_547826.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Byron-Dragway-Oct-2008_547827.htm

I believe I have the oval Borla XR1 straight through/no offset 3.5 inch. It would be part number 40946. Hope that helps man!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts