Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone said it will kill the power? Is this True? Using Flowmasters on a turbo set up? I have 3" Flowmaster h-pipe with super 40 3"flowmaster mufflers and 3" tail pipes?

Going to go Turbo soon any links or help very much appreicated.....already searching Turbomustangs.com

Things I will need....

Down Pipe....Ideas on how to make it?

Cold Side set up......whats the best smallest intercooler I can use to not cut my front bumper on my coupe...

Mass air? C&L 80mm okay? 42lbs injectors okay? I have 30lbs

Heres what I am using...

****Pony down turbo hot side with 74 mm precision turbo Tial 44 mm waste gate set up for 351.

I am putting this on a 302 Stroker motor....Says it will work on my 302 or a 351?

Here are some pictures...Thanks for ANYHELP!!!!

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8YbN2rVi5ZQ8

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd avoid the Flowmasters. The chambered designs don't work well with the turbo. Find something that is straight through and you will be much happier.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would keep the pipes but get rid of the mufflers. The ones I am using are ultra flows by dynomax. Lots of turbo guys using these for the straight thru design.

I am not sure on the H pipe. I use a custom Y pipe from the down pipe to flow tubes to cat back.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Scroll down there about 40 threads on how to make the exhaust. :)
Also, use a straight through muffler...like a bullet type muffler or dynomax.
And for the downpipe...go on the same exact website your hotside is from....and look at their downpipe. lol
Typically the downpipe goes over the passenger side headers by the valve cover and down the firewall.

I'm quite certain the 351 crossover is larger than one for a 302.
42lb injectors are more than sufficient for a stock block motor.
(make sure you have 255lph in tank or something larger than stock)

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
^^ X3

the turbo is my muffler, but i like magnaflows

·
Registered
522 Posts
the kits at ponydown are so cheap that if you have to buy a welder--you will probably break even doing it yourself. It is rewarding---but a lot of work and won't be as pretty as their cold side. Ditto on the DP. VS racing has some pretty good deals on intercoolers---keep searching tm.com for somebody with a coupe that didn't cut their bumper. Your mass air is ok, you might max it out but your tuner (you need a chip/tuning device) can set you up with a maf extender which can take care of this. As far as the exhaust--you don't really need mufflers. I had mine done and it is actually quieter now in the car than it was with mufflers when I was N/A.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
picked it up today

Picked it up today....

I will get some pictures..

I have a question.....Can the turbo be rotated? As in the Cold side now points towards the Hood if mounted to the header like as is....Can it be rotated down? if so How?

Would you Have the headers cermaic coated?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I ran flowmasters for a little while. honestly they don't really sound goodwithout an x-pipe style midpipe in my opinoin. I currently run dynomax welded power ultra flows. They are quiet. my friend runs 3" dynomax bullets, and they sound awesome. I have considered switching.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yes it can be rotated. If you look close you can see where the compressor connects to the turbine housing (are my terms right guys?)

Loosen the bolts around where the two parts mate and you can turn the compressor housing where you need it. Don't loosen them much, just enough to turn it. I loosened mine, bolted the turbo to the header, then clocked it, then removed it and tightened all the bolts back up.

I've never done ceramic coating but it should keep the underhood temps down and keep the heat in the headers which is where you want it.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Yes it can be rotated. If you look close you can see where the compressor connects to the turbine housing (are my terms right guys?)

Loosen the bolts around where the two parts mate and you can turn the compressor housing where you need it. Don't loosen them much, just enough to turn it. I loosened mine, bolted the turbo to the header, then clocked it, then removed it and tightened all the bolts back up.

I've never done ceramic coating but it should keep the underhood temps down and keep the heat in the headers which is where you want it.
this is correct.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
got some of the parts..

I got some of the parts will more than likely start installing this winter...I think I am goint to switch the Headers out for something different Just because don't want to cut the inner fender any....

Looking to Install some new parts this winter.....:king:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts