Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you folks seeing as far as Highway MPGs out of the 3.7 V6 ?

Please list tranny type, gears and mods that would effect MPGs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still getting around 25 in town and 30-31 mpg on the freeway, but have creeped into 32 mpg a couple times with a manual 6 speed.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Drove my 11 to Indy from NOLA and averaged 32.4 on the way up there. Normally i average
28 mpg combined city and highway to and from work. Love my auto 3.7 . Laid the smack down on
a new v6 camaro last night! Reminded me of the 90s when my 5oh would smoke z28s.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got 31.2 mpg with the tune and CAI on a mostly highway trip.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm getting 32-33 highway with tune and k&n ..my car gets shifts very hard the automatic program is very aggressive and when we tuned it we picked up 22 rwhp on the dyno with the tune and k&n.
The shifting is the best aspect of the tune the car breaks the tires loose on hard acceleration when it shifts alot more faster positive shifts. I've beat many older v8 cars and plan on fanning a turbo kit for it soon. I still have my 408 supercharged 95 Cobra but I drive 2.5 hours round trip a day to work so I need the mileage of the v6 I just turned 40k miles on it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I purchased a 2011 premium auto a about a week ago. Stock formal rental car and am seeing 29.x on a 62 mile round trip, 40 of which is on the interstate @75mph. Been debating if I want to do any mods on it, prolonging the time for the other cars to be put back together. 22hp from a tune and a cai may be to hard to pass up with all the pesky 05 to 10 GT's wanting to play. I am really curious how the cars respond with gears, in the mileage department. It really needs 3.55's or 3.73's to make up for the lack of lowend the v8 cars have when in the middle gears.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I Recently Rented A '14 V6 Convertible Auto. It Doesn't Have The Low End Of An 8, But It Went Pretty.Good When The Rpm Came Up... It Was Very Highway Geared.... 2k On The Tach Netted 86Mph... At 65 It Was Turning 1.5K. Did Almost A 500 Mile Trip, Allot Of Highway, But 30+ Miles Of City Driving And Playing A Little In There Too. Averaged 31.7 Mpg. There Was A 100 Mile Stretch Of Highway I Averaged Over 33Mpg.... Over All, Was Very Impressed With The Car !

·
Registered
922 Posts
Drove between Chicago and Cleveland last year in my 2012 Grabber Blue v6, auto, 2.73 gear. With the A/C on the whole way averaged 32mpg at 75mph.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What are you folks seeing as far as Highway MPGs out of the 3.7 V6 ?

Please list tranny type, gears and mods that would effect MPGs.
Dead thread revival.

2014 Sterling gray.
Trident AB exhaust, K&N drop in, 6 sp auto.
Best have got on the hiway so far is 26 mpg....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts