Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished upgrading .68 A/R MP T-70 to a .81 A/R exhaust housing and fabbing my 3.5" down pipe which jumps to 4" pipe once it clears the K with an 18" long Diesel bullit muffler and dumps under the IRS. Love the sound and the restriction of the old 3" DP and single exhaust is gone!

Meth question...Guys making 500+ and running meth, what boost level do you have your kit come on? Also, did you move your ambient air temp sensor to after the Meth nozzle? I moved my seperate temp sensor to the SCT BA2800 MAF when I went turbo 4v, but should I move it to read the change in air temps when the Meth kicks in?

Thanks, ya'll!

-Jonny

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Doubt the single 3in was a restriction considering a MP ptrim wheel outlet is 64.5mm. Any how your setup for down the road. Meth is not needed for your hp requirement. Its just another system to fail and something else to complicate the tune. Meth has its place, i just dont think you need it.

BTW, I went 10.18 @ 133 on pump on a 306/mpt70. No meth, 15psi, stock block/crank/rods.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NICE! Thanks, Bro! Part of the reason I want the meth is cause the long term goal is to Autocross the car and it should help keep the temps down. Besides that, I live in TX and tripple digit ambient temps has a way of robbing power!

-Jonny

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Autocross a turbo mustang? Good luck! By all means run the meth if you feel you need it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
auto crossing a 500 ftlb+ torque turbo car should be interesting, good luck with that....
Should be fun! You know what ole Jack Burton says..."It's all in the reflexes!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts