Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install a single hellion kit on my car(97 GT) and I've got two major issues. #1 - My AC lines are a hot mess. The instructions say just to bend it out of the way, but that's not really helping me much. Anyone have any advice? #2 - The pipe that runs from the turbo down and around into the intercooler doesn't seem to fit! I push it up as far as it'll go, and it's still about two inches away from the turbo. The ABS module won't allow the pipe to go up any more. Any advice on this??? This is driving me nutz, some please help on this! Thanks...

DW

I found this pic online, but this is the pipe I'm talkin about in question #2:

I'll take some pic of my set-up and post em up later...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so I took some pics. The problem is right here:

Once we move the pipe up as high as it can go......

.....it still only gets this close to the turbo:

What am I doing wrong??? Also, we managed to move the AC stuff outta the way enough for the pipe to fit, but now what the hell am I supposed to do with this mess?:

And lastly, the downpipe is supposed to go right where these two lines are:

How am I supposed to get around them? Will coating them keep them from being melted? Please help! Thanks...

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
those power steering lines just have to be pulled back and zip tied out of the way. they will melt easily if they are touching the down pipe. the other issues your having i never had with mine. that pipe doesnt touch my abs module at all. you may need to clock the turbo a little more, and pull the coupler up as far as possible. mine is an 03 model so im not sure how much difference there is as far as the fitment

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those power steering lines just have to be pulled back and zip tied out of the way. they will melt easily if they are touching the down pipe. the other issues your having i never had with mine. that pipe doesnt touch my abs module at all. you may need to clock the turbo a little more, and pull the coupler up as far as possible. mine is an 03 model so im not sure how much difference there is as far as the fitment
Thanks for your input, I decided to order a longer silicone coupler with a 45 degree bend and make it work that way. What does your AC set-up look like? I'm honestly thinkin of just gettin rid of my AC all together, it's being a real PITA...:curses:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts