Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am assuming a Fox Body would need to be mini tubbed to run this tire correct?

I have a set of Bogart 15x10's on a 5.5 BS, with a 28/10.5 that fit after rolling the fender lips, and some TLC with a BFH to the stock wheel wells.

We have a local 1/8 mile heads up DR class, and the max tire for a nitrous car is the 295/65/ 15.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
A mini-tub is not really required to fit that tire but you will have to cut on the body below the mouldings front and rear to get enough clearance for a 29.5" tall tire. I had the same size Hoosier on my old car on a 15x10 Prostar with 6.5" BS. I had already beaten the inner tubs and rolled the lips. I simply cut about 1" off the bottom front and rear and tapered it up to the body side mouldings. It fit real well but it's a very tall tire.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
If you want it to look right it will need to be mini tubed.
What makes you say that? The width isn't the problem, unlike the 315 and 325's the 295 isn't nearly the monster on a 10" rim that the others are. Diameter is the problem. The 295 65 15 Hoosier radial on my 10" Prostar tucked nicely with plenty of room to spare in the stock tub. Just didn't have any clearance to the lower quarters.

Here's a video of my old car from the new owner. Nice rear shot showing the huge tires tucked. A mini-tub wouldn't have made any difference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDozffj-Rv8

·
Registered
115 Posts
What makes you say that? The width isn't the problem, unlike the 315 and 325's the 295 isn't nearly the monster on a 10" rim that the others are. Diameter is the problem. The 295 65 15 Hoosier radial on my 10" Prostar tucked nicely with plenty of room to spare in the stock tub. Just didn't have any clearance to the lower quarters.

Here's a video of my old car from the new owner. Nice rear shot showing the huge tires tucked. A mini-tub wouldn't have made any difference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDozffj-Rv8
What mufflers did you have on that car? Do you have any other videos of it?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
That is a lot of tire for that wheel well. haha Looks mean and must work well with that large contact patch. I would love to run those tires. I guess I will wait to do a mini tub first.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You wont get that tire to fit with a stock length rearend with a 6.5bs wheel.

Youll need the rearend narrowed 1.5"-2" or go with a 8" backspace wheel to fit a 325/50/15 inside the fenderlip with a minitub.

If you have a minitub, you cant use any of it unless you can get the wheel under the car farther with either a narrowed rear or 7.5-8" BS on a 15x10 with stock length rear.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
You wont get that tire to fit with a stock length rearend with a 6.5bs wheel.

Youll need the rearend narrowed 1.5"-2" or go with a 8" backspace wheel to fit a 325/50/15 inside the fenderlip with a minitub.

If you have a minitub, you cant use any of it unless you can get the wheel under the car farther with either a narrowed rear or 7.5-8" BS on a 15x10 with stock length rear.
We're talking a 295 65 15 tire here, not a 325 50 15.

·
Registered
605 Posts
A mini-tub is not really required to fit that tire but you will have to cut on the body below the mouldings front and rear to get enough clearance for a 29.5" tall tire. I had the same size Hoosier on my old car on a 15x10 Prostar with 6.5" BS. I had already beaten the inner tubs and rolled the lips. I simply cut about 1" off the bottom front and rear and tapered it up to the body side mouldings. It fit real well but it's a very tall tire.
I am running somewhat the same program you are however, I have the 275/60/15 and have very little clearance on the front of the passenger side bottom fender as you described. Can you tell me exactly how you cut and tapered the up to the body and side molding? I have already rolled the fenders which took care of the sidewall issues. Your experience on this would be of great help.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'm running a BFG 275/60 on a 10" rim with 6.5bs on my notch, and i couldnt fit any more tire on there. Im using weight jacker LCA's and they are just about maxxed out

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm running a BFG 275/60 on a 10" rim with 6.5bs on my notch, and i couldnt fit any more tire on there. Im using weight jacker LCA's and they are just about maxxed out
Do you have the same clearance issue? Less the a 1/2" of opening between tire and fender molding.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Do you have the same clearance issue? Less the a 1/2" of opening between tire and fender molding.
less than that, the tire sticks out a lil bit, its not excessive, the tread is under the car but the fender lip was hitting the sidewall. So i went up 6 turns on my control arms, and it fixed the problem. It is definitly as much tire as i could fit on my car(while still lookin RIGHT) while still driving on the highway hitting expansion joints at 75mph, and it looks bitchin'

1 - 15 of 15 Posts