Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Setup

331 afr 185 heads, fcam, spiderintake t67 turbo with .81 hotside 3.27 gears t5z trans full weight car

right now im running a 26 inch tire would my car go down the track faster with a 28in

i know in a n/a or s/c car you want a gear that gets you in redline at the traps.

is this the same for turbo cars?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Setup

331 afr 185 heads, fcam, spiderintake t67 turbo with .81 hotside 3.27 gears t5z trans full weight car

right now im running a 26 inch tire would my car go down the track faster with a 28in

i know in a n/a or s/c car you want a gear that gets you in redline at the traps.

is this the same for turbo cars?
you want the same as thing as far as passing the traps at redline goes but you also want as much boost/time as you possibly can get.

with that said bigger tire= more load = more sooner boost but you will suffer if you do not go thru the traps at the top of your gear... so my advice as was given in the auto gear thread is test and tune.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If gearing isn't right you could be slower. But as said, turbos love load and a bigger tire should help with traction! What gear and expectations of mph?

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
That turbo and exhaust housing sound like they may be the restriction on your car. You may pick up quite a bit if you do some research on the proper sized turbo. Not knowing the other variables on the car I would guess you should have something more like a 76 on that car.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
turbo feels like it pulls through the traps. but your right a bigger turbo would be nice but the car makes enough power as is just looking for a better way yo hook on the track with a 5 speed car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts