Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
combo is a 331 afr 185 heads 3.27 gears through a 5 speed.

im running 26inch drag radials now and cant get the car to hook. going with a tack set setup and wanting to know would i notice going to a 27inch slick vs 26

i like the idea of the a inch more sidewall but will it hurt me down the track. i know a slick will balloon at the end of the track so does a 26inch slick turn into a 27 at the end anyway?? cuz i dont want to go to a 28invh tire at the end of the track this would be too much i feel

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I like the 27" Hoosiers and plan to run them when I kill my radials. I borrowed a buddys 26" M/T slick and the car seemed to be underpowered with them on. E/T were no different with radial

Just my experience.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I ran 28" m/t et on my '96 GT with a 125 shot off the line an it hooked like a monster an popped the front wheels off the ground about 6-12 inches.

What the question is, what's the tire pressures you're running? I run mine at 17-19psi an it always would hook. I was making 306rwhp & 432rwtq

Sent from the All Mighty EVO 4g LTE

·
Registered
557 Posts
I ran both 28 10.5's slicks and 275 60 drag radials on my car. Ran nearly identical times with both (slightly better with the drag radials) Will never go back to a slick though. Car was all over the place with soft sidewalls. Drag radials were very stable up top. Made about 600hp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts