Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Formerly known as 20thAniv
1,275 Posts
28s. With that much power and a stick, the taller sidewall will work to your advantage. Also, go with the stiff sidewall too for the same reason that it's a stick.

The rpm to you turn the motor to will determine what gear you need. Take a look at the mph calculator on here. That will pretty much tell you what you need.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just want some stout 60ft's,not kill the gear too bad-never ran 28's always heard they were a little more stable at the top end

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
With that combo NMRA RS guys claim that the new MT stiff 26 -10 are the ticket.

Tim

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah,26x10's fit on my 15x8's perfect-they're isn't any more room now,it's basically going to be a real street combo-i don't know if a 28x10.5 will fit,i think it might kill 1st gear with the 28's and i'm leaning toward 3.55's

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
With that combo NMRA RS guys claim that the new MT stiff 26 -10 are the ticket.

Tim
Don't forget that these guys run 250lbs in the rear bumper and launch at 7000 rpm so they need the stiffer sidewall..

ks

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Well a 28" tire will be much easier to get to hook, but will soak up a little more power and with more side wall they will be less stable than the 26" tires will be. Keep in mind the 28's will grow a little at higher speeds which will affect your gear cacluations a bit. The 26's will fit real good but will need a little more work to get to hook as good as the 28's but can be done.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
As far as stability, my 28" stiff walls are great on the big end. Mine do NOT walk around at all.

If you have the room I would go for the 28" stiff wall if possible with the 3.73 gear ratio.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
26x10s here and running a 4.10 gear launching at 6000+ RPMS trapping in the 11x's have not had one bit of walk on the big end.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I've got 28 inch tall slicks and bog everytime off the line with 3.73 gears and TKO 600 trans even when launching at 6k so far, still have stock axles. I don't bog as much on the bottle but still do. I'd either go with 26 or get more gear.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I had to clearance the crap out of the inner fenders to get them to fit but they still rub a little if I turn very fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts