Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
At least a 255 intank, and possibly a pusher also, like a t-rex. Depends on your particular combo. Turbos love fuel, and lots of it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard of a bunch of guys running just the 255 on a stock motor with up to 15lbs of boost. The local turbo guy I have been talking to said he doesnt see how people are not leaning out and popping their motors. This is my first attempt with a turbo and I would rather be safe than sorry.

·
4,305 Posts
At 18lbs I ran a 190 intank with a Bosch external and never had issues. My old SC car with a 255 intank and 10lbs of boost, kept popping headgaskets and never lost fuel pressure. Changed its pump out to a intake 255 then never had a problem again, I think while it had pressure just fine with the 190 it was not getting enough volume.

·
4,305 Posts
At 18lbs I ran a 190 intank with a Bosch external and never had issues. My old SC car with a 190 intank and 10lbs of boost, kept popping headgaskets and never lost fuel pressure. Changed its pump out to a intake 255 then never had a problem again, I think while it had pressure just fine with the 190 it was not getting enough volume.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I have heard of a bunch of guys running just the 255 on a stock motor with up to 15lbs of boost. The local turbo guy I have been talking to said he doesnt see how people are not leaning out and popping their motors. This is my first attempt with a turbo and I would rather be safe than sorry.
The local turbo guy should know better. There are far more of us that have no issues at (or near) 500rwhp on a turbo setup using a single 255 high pressure pump on the stock lines and rails. There is no garuntee that this will work for everyone however...and I have heard of a few that have had issues with far less hp running the same fuel system.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
we went 9.8s on a customers 97 turbocharged cobra with a single gss340 255lph intank pump...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts