Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's using them and how fast have you gone with them. I'm trying a set Friday and I'm curious to see what others have done so far. Car has 400rwhp & 420lbtq.............

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have them and while they are way better than the street tires, I still have a lot of trouble hooking. The suspension is all stock though, so that's a problem. I can't launch at more than 2500 without massive wheelspin. I've tried long burnouts, short burnouts, more air pressure, less air pressure, doesn't seem to make much difference.

My 60's are usually around 1.8 - 1.9 and the best pass so far is 12.4 @ 113.

I don't blame the tires for my lack of traction. Hopefully when I can afford some decent suspension it will make a world of difference.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've only had them to the track once and I bogged bad subsequently ripping out my upper torque boxes!

I spun at 18psi of air and bogged/broke at 13psi...launching at 4k and a 5-speed...

I've not been back after fixing the car...they hook awesome on the street though...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Leroy, i have made 2 passes ont hem so far this year and went 10.50 133mph w 1.7 60 foots. my car isnt set up for leaving on the foot brake, which is what i did. I am sure with some more work i can get the car to go 10.teens with them. Problem is finding them it seems.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leroy, i have made 2 passes ont hem so far this year and went 10.50 133mph w 1.7 60 foots. my car isnt set up for leaving on the foot brake, which is what i did. I am sure with some more work i can get the car to go 10.teens with them. Problem is finding them it seems.
actually, I was looking for 275/60-15's but, they're on backorder............I spun badly with them this weekend, 1.78 was the best 60.......I'm going to put som adj. shocks out back to see if that helps........

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
actually, I was looking for 275/60-15's but, they're on backorder............I spun badly with them this weekend, 1.78 was the best 60.......I'm going to put som adj. shocks out back to see if that helps........
Will the 275's fit without rolling the fender lip??

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
If the car sits high enough they will. If it squats much the fender will cut the tire.

I used a set of 255/60's for one pass, they spun slightly, still turned a 1.55- 60'. My car runs 1.40-1.43 sixtys on 275/60's.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you're at stock height out back...........I also turned the rear springs a 1/4 turn to the left to make sure.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I have been a 1.55 on them driving my buddy's 98 Z28 on 255/50/16 MT dr's, auto car with a big converter, car ran 7.3's in the 1/8. Different car but it shows that they CAN work to a point. That car would dead hook from a 20 roll on the street in the middle of winter with no burnout on them and the converter hit VERY hard at 20 mph.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been a 1.55 on them driving my buddy's 98 Z28 on 255/50/16 MT dr's, auto car with a big converter, car ran 7.3's in the 1/8. Different car but it shows that they CAN work to a point. That car would dead hook from a 20 roll on the street in the middle of winter with no burnout on them and the converter hit VERY hard at 20 mph.
yeah, they're set up for autos, not sticks.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts