Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I put the car on the stock ECM and the problem went away or masked its self. My air fuel was about 12.8-1 in this area on the stock ECM. Any other thoughts or Ideas? Matt is there any way you can look through my settings and see if everthing is set correctly? You have looked at the tune and say all looks fine but didn't know if I changes a setting on accident. Davidz is having the exact same problem with an almost identical set up, think this type combo is hating something? Thanks for all of the help guys. Dustin

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
The log file I got didn't have a wideband connected, but it looked like the fueling was in a different range at that point. Try adjusting the VE table to get the same AFR you had with the stock ECU, then once you've hit that target.

Also check to be sure the distributor rotor is in contact with the cap tower with the crank set to 35 degrees BTDC.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm not sure why the log file I sent didnt have a wideband signal. I can try sending it again because all of my datalogs have been with a wideband. I've also had the fuel at the same point as the stock ECM and it made no difference. The distributor cap and button are new.

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Does the air/fuel ratio gauge in TunerStudio read correctly?

I'd recommend making a new log rather than sending the same one.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes. It reads the same as the wideband display does. I sent you a pm Matt.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just wanted to follow up on how the latency test worked. Find anything?
I havent had a chance to try it yet. All of the rainy days we have had here, and the wife doesnt like when I tune in the garage. LOL I hope to try it this weekend some time. Thanks again for all of the help to try to figure this thing out. Dustin

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Spark latency is perfect. What else could cause this?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How do I reload firmware on my ms?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Havent found mine either. Buddy had a pimp we are gonna try on it to see if it happens with the same tuning.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
alright guys I have re loaded my firmware on the ms and am still having problems. Can you guys think of anything else to try? Parts, settings, whatever. Im willing to try just about anything right now.

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Can you post a data log and MSQ (or email them to me) on the latest firmware?

What results did you get with the same tune on the other system?

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
dont take his slow reply as non-interest, he works an off-schedule.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The holidays have been killer boys!!!! LOL I haven't had a lot of time to work with it in the last few weeks. My tunes aren't transferring from the 330np to the 330mp very well. Im losing a lot in the translation. Not to mention the settings are no longer just for a mustang. All options are available and Im not sure on what to choose for most of them. Where can I find another stock 5.0 program to start with? Thanks Guys. Dustin Ball

21 - 40 of 44 Posts