Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant figure out this stutter. Only thing I haven't changed is spark plug wires. I don't have access to another set of wires, but I have turned out the lights and checked for arcing. I know this isn't official but that's what I have to work with. I have changed the coil, cap and rotor button, plugs and the entire fuel system is new. I have used the stock ignition table and have set all fields to 31 degrees ( locking timing ). I have been from 13.8 air fuel all the way to 15.0 air fuel. The problem is while under light load ( 45- 55 kpa 5% TPS) at 2300 -2400 rpm. Any highter or lower loading it runs fine. Anything above or below 2300-2400 its fine also. I don't know what could limit my problem to this range. I can send maps or anything you may need. Thanks in advance, Dustin Ball

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a short one. I accidentaly erased my longer one. lol I will try to load it tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I cant figure out how to post a msl file. Anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
270 Posts
got a gmail account? Host it on google drive and make sure it isnt private then post up the link here.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont have a gmail right now but I can set one up if this is the best way. Ill give it a shot tonight.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More and less spark did not help. I added fuel until the afr was about 11.0 to 1 and it almost completely went away, but I think it was just masking the problem because it started loading my plugs. Im gonna try plug wires today and see if it helps.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried new plug wires and re lashed my valves, still did not help. I think I have screwed up a setting or something.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I think I have screwed up a setting or something.
what base tune did you start with? maybe matt, jerry or one of their tech guys would take a look at the tune and log file for you by email...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sent a file and datalog to Matt this morning. I bet it is something simple I am over looking.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
excellent!

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
I'm not seeing any clear cut ECU related issue here. I'm guessing it may be something mechanical.

What exactly are you using for an ignition setup?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its weird because when the car went down in the winter it was running well, I know that doesnt mean anything. I have an msd box feeding a blaster coil and a msd distributor. I have replaced wires, tfi module, plugs, cap, rotor, and the coil. All of my grounds are good and I have extra grounds applied. Nothing has fixed the problem. I dont have another distributor or MSD box to try. Its weird that everything outside of the 2300-2500 rpm range at 35-40 kpa is fine. Did all of my engine settings look ok?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I actually have the same exact problem only mine is from 2,000 to 2,400 or so. Had the problem with my old turbo 302 now i have a NA 408 and the thing will just not cruse at part throttle and be smooth. My plugs are gapped around .045, I have a new distributor plug wires are good and ive tried several coils. I was going to try changing the spark hardware latency to 0 and see if that changed anything.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cant remember my plug gap exactly I can check tomorrow but I think its around .042 for my n/a plugs. I write it down on my plug boxes so I dont forget them. lol I think my nitrous plugs are around .035

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I told you wrong on my plug gap, my N/A plugs are gapped to .035 and my N20 plugs are gapped to .028

1 - 20 of 44 Posts