Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I have a Bolton 04 Mach 1. Currently runs [email protected] with a 1.98 60ft.
My buddy gave me brand new 225/50r16 Hoosier dot slicks. Are those going to be big enough? Would they work on stock 6cly rims? And would the rims clear my back brakes?
Thanks matt!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Those are pretty small, but if they are free, hell, take em. They will be 10x better than street tires

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
i agree with these guys... they'll hook harder than stock 245's for sure. But if you are buying them... dont

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup 100% free! Just one heat cylce on them. Would they fit on stock 6cly rims?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yeah they will fit. For free I would burn em up! However if its an auto the tire is a lot smaller than stock, so it may not shift correctly. They aren't even 25" tall compared to stock 26" height.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
news update! They are actually 255/50r16 Hoosier r3s05 track tires. Will they be just as good? They have about 3/32 from tread marker. Will they fit on a stock 6cly rim?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yes, they will fit on a 16" 6cyl rim, and they will work fine, even give you a little advantage, them being a slightly shorter tire.

If you have never run on a bias tire before, be prepared for some sway at the top end of the track.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that as in the 255/50r16 I said I have. I was wrong before with the size and they are a r compound tire for scca. They should still work ok?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Ehh, if they are a road race style tire, they arent going to set the world on fire at the drag strip. Better than a street tire, but just barely. They are going to be a softer compound that the street tire, but not nearly as soft as a drag slick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts