Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ken spent a lot time today tuning my car on his day off. He is truly dedicated to making sure his customers cars are tuned RIGHT! The pulls were made with 94 octane and using a AIS methanol injection kit. The timing max is only 16*.

This was the 20psi pull.

Last year on Ken's dyno the most rwhp was [email protected] 18* timing on 100 octane. I will be going to a track rental this sunday and will be posting track times.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
nice 2v man

·
Registered
429 Posts
That is correct.... So you don't know what your AFR is. You have 8 nozzles of fuel injecting a fuel that has a stoich value of 14.5 and one nozzle injecting fuel with a stoich value of 6.4 to one. So unless your using a vary small amount of meth you could be leaner than you think. Also if your under the impression that same amount of meth goes into each cylinder your off base. Just be careful because you could be leaning on it and not think so. If you have a big difference between cylinders you can hurt it. I guess the dyno wideband is incorrect because it's showing 14.0AFR under boost, you should target "rich" AFR's under boost with meth. Once the fuel curve has been made correct on gasoline add meth but let it read rich... adding meth and pulling gasoline out is a bad road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts