Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Old timer
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming out swinging in 2018.

Darin Hendricks (Coiled) set the pace again this season, just as he did last year.

NMRA Spring Break Shoot Out in Florida.

Using a brand new, "GEN 2" sealed Coyote engine and the new weight of 3100#. Only the seventh pass on the motor!

First round bye run due to being the number one qualifier - National Record Reset in 2018

10.096 at 132.56 mph

Reactions: 2camsam

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Watching it again, that launch does not look very violent and I think it had wheel spin. It looks like it loads, unloads then loads the tire again. Is the 60' known? Just curious.

·
Old timer
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watching it again, that launch does not look very violent and I think it had wheel spin. It looks like it loads, unloads then loads the tire again. Is the 60' known? Just curious.
I never put any data in a public forum because this is an extremely competitive class. Others do it, I just don't. Don't even post any videos during the event for the competition to review.

The Cobra runs best with a little bit of wheel speed and never liked a dead hook. We're only one of three CS cars with a 25.5 chassis so that might be the reason. Some Coyote Stock racers use an adjustable "screen door deal" on their clutch pedal to reduce shock and dead hook but we are not. Then again, they aren't setting records.

For whatever it's worth, the sixties were "not" stellar all weekend because we're sneaking up on it with the new minimum weight rule. However, with the Cobra, my reference data aq points start at the 330 mark as each track has it's own 60 foot peculiarities. There are many times the front tires of the Cobra are not down at the sixty foot mark anyway.

·
Old timer
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It's got to be chassis and suspension. I have to find a great shop to work with on my car.

·
Old timer
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's got to be chassis and suspension. I have to find a great shop to work with on my car.
Andy Smith from Pro Tree did this one as well as the 2015-2016 Coyote Stock Championship car.

Pro Tree Racecars
7041 S 200 E
Markleville, IN 46056
(765) 779-09-zero-zero

Dennis at DMC is local to you. Tell him I sent ya.

DMC Racing

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
DMC kicks ass!

and CLUTCH GIRLS MATTER!!!!

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
435 hp, 3100 lbs and 10.0 / 135 mph is way beyond my knowledge. I'd really like to learn the rest of that combo?
The engine is sealed. But what about the computer? Tuning must play a big roll to getting the most out of that engine.

EDIT: Looked up the rules. Can't modify the tune either. Even more impressive.

·
Old timer
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The engine is sealed. But what about the computer? Tuning must play a big roll to getting the most out of that engine.
Everyone runs the exact same "restricted" tune from Ford.

The ECUs are reflashed at every NMRA event and sometimes between rounds.

·
Registered
676 Posts
435 hp, 3100 lbs and 10.0 / 135 mph is way beyond my knowledge. I'd really like to learn the rest of that combo?
The 435 HP # is from Ford. And at 6500 rpms. Not taking anything away from Ed and Darin, they take what they are given and always set new records. But if they are taking a 3100 lb car and running 10.0 with 435 crank HP, then every racing calculator you care to look at is not only wrong, but next level wrong. Even if you were to take the 435 HP and say it was RWHP, meaning 0% driveline loss, still doesn’t support those #’s. The Mustang / Camaro wars are pretty heated these days. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday. And again, this has nothing to do with Ed or Darin. Just say’in Ford might not be beyond fudging that HP rating. Would love to see the sealed motor and sealed NMRA program run on an engine stand dyno. Don’t think that will happen though. The numbers being run by the top tier racers in the whole class defy the physics of 435 crank HP.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
The 435 HP # is from Ford. And at 6500 rpms. Not taking anything away from Ed and Darin, they take what they are given and always set new records. But if they are taking a 3100 lb car and running 10.0 with 435 crank HP, then every racing calculator you care to look at is not only wrong, but next level wrong. Even if you were to take the 435 HP and say it was RWHP, meaning 0% driveline loss, still doesn’t support those #’s. The Mustang / Camaro wars are pretty heated these days. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday. And again, this has nothing to do with Ed or Darin. Just say’in Ford might not be beyond fudging that HP rating. Would love to see the sealed motor and sealed NMRA program run on an engine stand dyno. Don’t think that will happen though. The numbers being run by the top tier racers in the whole class defy the physics of 435 crank HP.

whats it at 8500???

it might very well make 435hp at 6500

everyone needs to stop looking at the motor its 100% out of the question. everything they do is flywheel back. same with every other heads up class with motor restrictions for that matter

1 - 20 of 86 Posts