Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2015 Mustang IRS setup ready to go into my race truck. It is the 3.73 with Torsen diff. What are the first things you guys are doing to prevent wheel hop on these things? Also, since I am retrofitting this into my truck, what are your thoughts on welding the IRS subframe directly to my truck frame instead of, or in addition to, fabricating brackets to mechanically fasten at the IRS stock mounting locations?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
If this is going to be a pure drag race car, you need to raise the nose of the IRS and/or lower the rear of it to increase the amount of antisquat. If the car is ever driven on the street don't do this. The higher the cg height is in the car, the more the IRS needs to be tilted to end up with 100% AS.

Welding the IRS subframe to the frame is fine, but you should only weld three points, then make the fourth point bolt together with shims. This way the the subframe will not be warped when it is welded to the frame.

For drag racing, you can replace all of the pivot points with spherical bearings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts