Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Mustang Cali Special with dual On3 twin turbos. I bought it with a blind tune. Driven the car 600+ miles with a couple passes down the strip and the O2 sensors are still not going ready, and I have a reject sticker. I have a simple scanner and I'm getting live data from the sensors but I need they are not completing the drive cycle readiness. I live in Western Mass are there any tuners out there that can help me figure this out? I took the car to the track on Wed and I now have a misfire. Not sure where to start...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No cats. Car was tuned by Dan at Real Speed in NY. When they were returning my phone calls they said the tune had the O2s active.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
without cats the rear o2's are probably turned OFF so they'll never complete the readiness cycle. You need the rear o2's turned on (and likely use cats or a "another method") for it to complete the readiness check.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting live data from the O2 sensors when I plug in my cheap hand held scanner. If the rear O2s were turned off I don't think I would get and data. I think I need to start data logging. What do I need to data log this car?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tuners verified they are on. How do I determine if the heat range is adequate?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'm getting live data from the O2 sensors when I plug in my cheap hand held scanner. If the rear O2s were turned off I don't think I would get and data. I think I need to start data logging. What do I need to data log this car?
Likely getting data from the front o2's, which I believe are wideband in these cars (they are on the GT500's, i know that much). When you remove the cats, tuners will turn the rear o2's off so the car doesn't throw a code. the fronts are still ON and needed for fueling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts