Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got serious with the local dealer today on buying the 13 gt 500. Does anyone have any personal experience on buying or not buying any of the options?
I am pretty much locked in on the two perf options, recaro seats and audio option. I think I can live without the nav. I know that does not leave much, side scoops, side window slats and car cover. Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got serious with two dealers in my area with ordering a new Shelby, but they tried to push a 20k markup and I just laughed and walked away?. As far as options it all depends on what you want. If you plan on doing any serious suspension mods then I would stay away from the svt performance package and maybe even the track package.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mark up was mentioned and one dealer, whom I purchased my 2010 MKX from advertises no haggle pricing. Their interpretation of which means they have a lowered price, non negotiable, which will be better than anyone else. I am eligible for X-plan pricing and the MKX was barely less. I know Ford says, no X on the Shelby, but they said the same on the 99 Cobra and I found a 2 dealers within 60 miles that would. Anyway back to the subject. One dealer has a Shelby enroute, just like I would order, less the side scoops. The brochure does not show the scoops as an option, but they are on their website. Sticker is about 65. I would really like to get at least 10% off that.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am having trouble getting the side scoops ordered through the dealer, any advise on option number. Are they dealer installed?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a deposit on a 2013. I hope the dealer is eligible. I do not think they are really up to date on the car or sales. The owner of the dealership has to put in the order and he was not in at the time, but he sales manager was OK with the deal, so we will see.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back to square one, dealer would not keep me updated and after talking to everyone but the owner, finally found out they are not eligible for another Shelby until 2014. Then I had to fight to get my deposit back. They wanted to wait 10 days to make sure my check was good. After asking to speak to the owner and getting my bank involved, they agreed to cut me a check for MY money back. Now back to finding a car and a decent price.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Back to square one, dealer would not keep me updated and after talking to everyone but the owner, finally found out they are not eligible for another Shelby until 2014. Then I had to fight to get my deposit back. They wanted to wait 10 days to make sure my check was good. After asking to speak to the owner and getting my bank involved, they agreed to cut me a check for MY money back. Now back to finding a car and a decent price.
Wow...they are either really shifty or there just plain ignorant on ordering svt vehicles. Keep searching...there are plenty of dealers out there that will sell you or order for you at msrp?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have about 3 that are below MSRP, but still feel they are too high. The dealer I tried, had it for 57 and change, 59 out the door. With that price, I had to give them a try, even with them being so goofy.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, supposedly got an order in. Put a down payment on it, but had to pay sticker.
Now for the next foot to drop.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, supposedly got an order in. Put a down payment on it, but had to pay sticker.
Now for the next foot to drop.
I actually got lucky. The order I am getting was cancelled from a previous buyer who decided on a convertible instead. The order has been in since May and ford was able to add the electronic package and Recaro seats for me before the order was completed off of the assembly line. Now instead of 4-6 months of possibly waiting I am getting mine in less then two months. I am getting mine at MSRP, but I am not sure if I can negotiate a lower price at this point (btw..getting the black/black stripes 821a package with the electronic package with recaros). i should have the car by November..crossing fingers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts