Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum.

I just purchased a 2013 GT500. Dyno'd at 645RWHP, 684 RWTQ. Has Sport Cups now, which needless to say, do not hold. I am running 285/20 on the stock wheels. I would prefer to keep the stock wheels. I have been doing some research, looking for a drag radial. For the Mustangs, looks like the Mickey Thompson ET Street series are a popular choice. Available in both 285 and 305. Not sure if the 305 will fit though. I am also not interested in a bias ply tire as well. I don't drive in rain, so that's not an issue either. Also, I wont be taking the car to the track. Just some regular running around town, street racing, etc.

I run Nitto's on a Grand National now. They are ok, but really prefer the warmer temps. Here in MI, that's not always the climate.

SO, I would appreciate anyone's feedback. What they run. Experience with the M/T ET Series. Would the 305 fit? I personally don't have any experience with M/T.

I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rear Tires 2013 GT500

I ran MT's, (305x20) on my KB supercharged 2005 Mustang GT, (sold) and was not impressed, (with only 400 RWHP) it would still blow them away in 1st and 2nd gear). I did purchase some Nitto drag radials, 305x35x18s on American Muscle rims and they did hook well. I haven't had a chance to try them on my 2012 Shelby but will be trying them at Woodburn Drag Strip (Woodburn Or.) soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts