Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the V6 2011's are trickling out from the dealerships.
Any member here have one?
Anybody have one on order?
Who has driven one yet?
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
i test drove a 2011 V6 with 3.31 gears and the 6speed manual. while on the i highway i i got on it a bit to pass some cars and looked down and was doing 110mph. Salesman was a little upset but go drive one don't think you'll be disapointed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bought my wife one. It's a Sterling Gray V6 Premium Coupe w/Charcoal Black interior, 6-speed automatic, Pony Package, GT/V6 Coupe Appearance Package (quarter louvers, side scoops, rear deck spoiler, rear blackout panel), Comfort Package, 18" Polished Chrome wheels, and 3.31 rear.

We traded her 2007 Windveil Blue V6 Coupe w/Pony Package, and WOW, what a difference between the two cars!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
How about some pics of the engine bay?
LOL! I'd have to go take some! It's actually kind of underwhelming, the V6 sort of gets lost in there. Looks like a Briggs & Stratton in a Hummer! Other than seeing 4-valve heads on a six banger, it doesn't look much different than the old motor setup.

·
Registered
187 Posts
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://image.musclemustangfastfords.com/f/tech/mmfp_1006_2011_ford_mustang_37l_v6_engine/33100395+pheader_460x1000/mmfp_1006_01_o+2011_ford_mustang_engine+37l_v6_engine.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_1006_2011_ford_mustang_37l_v6_engine/index.html&h=613&w=460&sz=54&tbnid=1W03eU8kCEmkeM:&tbnh=259&tbnw=194&prev=/images?q=ford+3.7l+pictures&zoom=1&hl=en&usg=__c45WPehn_h_uxkVLZxx5X_RGx1s=&sa=X&ei=NYVtTMHAJMH48AbqgaH-DA&ved=0CAYQ9QEwAA

Per that article it gets new deep skirt/ribbed block, forged steel crank, DOHC with variable cam timing via electrical solenoids (guessing pwm control). 10.1 compression from the factoree. Says cracked powdered metal rods so I'm guessing you'd need forged pistons, good rods and some boost...should be an animal then. Anyone know if the new 5.0l shares the same bellhousing as the 4.6/5.4? Going to guess the 3.7 shares the same pattern as the new 5.0.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I got one Monday. Its a base coupe ingot silver charcoal cloth interior. I also have the auto. Picked it up for $21 out the door so I'm happy about the price. It has great power and rides great. Test drive one you're sure to be impressed!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I still don't have any pictures from under the hood. LOL! But I have put the first mod on it. Flowmaster Force II axle-back exhaust. I couldn't stand the look of the stock mufflers any longer. Now it looks great! The sound is okay, in a V6 sort of way, like a 370Z, or G35.

·
Registered
545 Posts
What kind of real world MPG are you getting? I drive mostly highway, 48-52 mile commute with about 15 miles of it city. I get 22-23 in my 06 Gt and 4.0 V6 car gets the same. Straight highway is only slightly better. 25-26 tops.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I just bought a grabber blue V6 for 22k. Base model and love it. Think my first mod will be the
MRT max thunder axle back. Sounds good on youtube. My commute is 93 miles round trip and I'm
enjoying it so far.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What kind of real world MPG are you getting? I drive mostly highway, 48-52 mile commute with about 15 miles of it city. I get 22-23 in my 06 Gt and 4.0 V6 car gets the same. Straight highway is only slightly better. 25-26 tops.
Right now it's averaging 28mpg. All short trips, no highway runs of any siginificance. Car still has less than 1,000 miles on it too!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Im looking at getting a Performance White, with Performance Package and Saddle leather seats in the summer time. I hope to hear/see more good stuff with these V6 Mustangs. I've driven the 4.0L verson and the new 3.7L version. The overall feel of the newer car is awesome. Sadly, I only drove a base model, automatic 3.7L... Did get her a little sideways on the test drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Purchased base model MT in July for $21.5K. Have loved this car so far. Rides well, is capable of 32mpg on the highway, 25mpg combined, if you can keep your foot out of it, which is way hard. Base model comes w/2.73 gears, so 6th in MT literally lugs in the city, 5th is much more functional. I installed an Air Raid CAI (great product for fit and function) and did the V6 ever wake up. You can catch a lot of folks by surprise w/factory exhaust. After warranty expires, will consider tune and would like to replace factory driveshaft w/aluminum option. There is a supercharger from procharger and w/other mods they are into the 11's at the strip. The factory performance of this little monster is just the tip of the iceberg. I could predict a twin-turbo 600hp version from someone in the very near future.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just test-drove a used one today. Black with 6 speed MT. I was pretty impressed with how comfortable it was and how well it handled and stopped for a base-model car. I thought the shifter was a bit too close for me, but I'm only 5' 6" and have to bring the seat forward a bit to get the clutch all the way down to the floor. The shifter was a bit notchy too.

This car had a CAI on it, as well as a Roush cat-back stainless exhaust. The exhaust tips looked great, but it annoyingly loud with a nasty drone at highway speed in 6th gear. If I decide to buy this car, I'll probably replace the mufflers first thing.

I think I read it in Grassroots Motorsports that these 6 cyl. mustangs aren't too much off the pace of the 5.0's on the track. Talking with Performance Autosport, these s197 cars don't need much in the suspension department. Whereas the earlier cars practically have to be completely re-invented. I've been toying with the idea of putting one together with some tuned coil-overs, sticky rubber and bigger brakes for a seasonal daily-driver and HPDE car. If it can get close to 30 mpg on my commute, and be relatively competitive at the track. It may be the best of both worlds...inexpensive and fun!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just checked my source...It was Car and Driver, Feb. 2011 issue, Battle of the Fastest at VIR. Mustang V6 posted a 3:12.5 best lap, which the author states tied the class record time, shared by the 2006 Nissan 350Z and would have handily beat it if it was not electronically limited to 114 mph. BTW, that time was faster than the 2010 Mustang GT. The 2011 Mustang GT clocked at 3:08.6, and Car and Driver names it one of the 10 best cars for 2011.

Hmmm, maybe I should just get the GT.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts