Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some research and found that the 2013 GT500 has a virtually identical front nose to the 2010-2012's. This means the front grilles will swap in. So Brown Santa (UPS) dropped off my new upper and lower grilles as well as the front aero splitter.

We hope this will do several things:
1) Make the front of the car easier to clean. (Those darn stock grilles get a lot of bugs and dirt in them and are a PITA to clean.)

2) Get more air flow for road course use. This will be important to help keep the new Afco heat exchanger fed with fresh air.

We will be doing an install article in the next few days. Keep your eyes peeled. We will post it in the Tech Section of the site.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so not quite a slam-dunk bolt on, but the 2013 stuff is fairly easy to put on. Lower fascia needs some trimming if you're going to keep the brake duct ports.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking good! So how much for the grill? I was wondering if the '13 shelby grill would fit a '13 GT? We Don't need no stinken fog lamps!
My understanding is that the GT and V6 grilles have rounded corners whereas the GT500 has angular corners.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have done some research and found that the 2013 GT500 has a virtually identical front nose to the 2010-2012's. This means the front grilles will swap in. So Brown Santa (UPS) dropped off my new upper and lower grilles as well as the front aero splitter.

We hope this will do several things:
1) Make the front of the car easier to clean. (Those darn stock grilles get a lot of bugs and dirt in them and are a PITA to clean.)

2) Get more air flow for road course use. This will be important to help keep the new Afco heat exchanger fed with fresh air.

We will be doing an install article in the next few days. Keep your eyes peeled. We will post it in the Tech Section of the site.
Did you keep your old grills, I would be interested in them if you want to sell them.

Thanks,
Gino

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the intall. You have to cut the bottom of the bumper cover for the HE grill cover quite a bit. But, you can not see it. The grill cover completley obscures the cut unless you are Stevie Wonder trying to cut it at night blind folded.

I left off the plastic shield that covers the bottom of the car. I feel like it will get more air to the m otor. I am going to use some aluminum angle to tie the lower lip of the bumper cover at the corners to the chassis.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you keep your old grills, I would be interested in them if you want to sell them.

Thanks,
Gino
PM me with an offer shipping and all. I was going to cut the upper next to the Cobra emblem and put a clock in mine. Might be interested in selling them. I don't think I threw away the lower. I will have to check. I am pretty sure I put it in my store room. I have thrown away a pile of parts though but I am pretty sure I pulled that back out of the pile. Kinda makes me sick but I'll never go back stock. Just threw away my upper and lower CA's, motor mounts, exhaust manifolds, drive shaft (piece of crap, good riddance) and.....................

·
Registered
29 Posts
My main concern would be rock or FOD into the radiator or cooler without the egg crate grill on a daily basis. However glad to see it works if I get the wild hair (LOL). Thanks.:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
What on the lower needs to be cut?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts