Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating completing the track pack option on my 2010 for SCCA F stock. The only components I need are the rear lower control arms and the sway bars. I am trying to determine whether I will attain any performance gains from the parts. If anything, I think I would gain more from Tokico D-specs than anything else. Budget is driving the issue. The house boss will only allow me to spend so much.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
From my last mind warping contemplations over SCCA rules, I believe if you are updating your vehicle with allowable upgrades....you MUST do ALL OF THE UPGRADES that are included.

Anyone feel free to point out my ignorance on this subject, but I wanna to say that is how it was last interpreted to me.

Like if you wanted to do a Mach1 4v swap in your GT you'd need to do the WHOLE thing like seats, cluster, hood....all the little things that really don't even matter.

For local events, i'd say it's no big issue, but may God have mercy on your soul if you goto a National event and beat someone by .0001 without correctly modding your "stock" vehicle.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my last mind warping contemplations over SCCA rules, I believe if you are updating your vehicle with allowable upgrades....you MUST do ALL OF THE UPGRADES that are included.

Anyone feel free to point out my ignorance on this subject, but I wanna to say that is how it was last interpreted to me.

Like if you wanted to do a Mach1 4v swap in your GT you'd need to do the WHOLE thing like seats, cluster, hood....all the little things that really don't even matter.

For local events, i'd say it's no big issue, but may God have mercy on your soul if you goto a National event and beat someone by .0001 without correctly modding your "stock" vehicle.
Um, I said the only components I need are the sway bars and control arms. I have everything else, to include the brakes, gears, and wheels. Unless the track packs came with a flux capacitor, I think this completes the package.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Your post made it seem like you were contemplating NOT USING the parts you do not currently have....making what you have an incomplete package.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's do this...I have the 3:73 gear package from Ford which has some of the components form the track minus what I listed above. I trying to decide whether to stay put with what I have or add the remaining track pack pieces. Either way keeps me in F stock. But is the benefit of the remaining parts going to justify the cost? I'm looking at $300-$400 dollars for bigger sway bars and slightly better control arms. I think I might be better off spending that on d specs and nothing else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts