Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am hoping to possibly get into a slightly used 2010 GT500 over the winter and I cannot make up my mind between this car and a 2012 GT. The new 5.0 is no doubt a stout motor but to compete with the GT500 you would have to do some serious mods like FI which I wouldn't really want to do on a new car, which is pushing me to consider the GT500.

I have a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with...the first being do those new sexy Recaros only come on the 2012 GT500 or was it available as an option for the 2010 also? What is the limit of the stock long block and transmission when it comes to HP/TQ at the wheels? I would like a high 10 second car with some tire, suspension, pulley, tune, and driver mod so I hope that isn't too far out of the question. Lastly, is there anything I should know or look for when I am checking out the car at the dealer to hopefully get the price down?

I hope to join the family soon, but I need some more input before I close a deal.

Thanks for any replies!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
there is a blk/silver 2010 gt500 vert here in birmingham for 42k. has 6k miles. A litlle out of my $ range + i just bought a 2011 GT/CS vert...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that seems to be around what they are going for. There was a recent one up here for $39,999 but I didn't jump on it fast enough.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not sure how much you're looking to spend, but you could probably get into a brand new 11/12 GT500 for around 45K if it had no options. You'd be getting the Aluminum block, better exhaust, etc than the 10 GT500.

I'm picking up a brand new no option 2012 GT500 next Wednesday that I got for 45K. You might be able to do even better than that price. I figured I'd better buy now, because the 2013's will probably be well out of my price range. It's really a buyers market right now with the 2013's coming out next year plus it's a crappy time of the year to be selling this type of vehicle.

I think the Recaro's were a 2012 GT500 only option. There is a nice 2012 GT500 with only the Recaro's as an option at Ricart Ford in Columbus Ohio.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 2010 as well, recaros were not a option that year
As for the motors, 700 whp with fuel system upgrades is pretty doable
I'm at 550whp with pulley, tune and headers. They are great cars, I have a friend with a 2011 and they are real similar. Mine is a grabber blue coupe. Buy what you can afford. I'd sell mine for 38500 prob, 4500miles
Plenty of deals out there
Good luck with ur search

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am possibly selling my '10 Grabber Blue with HID lights and Navigation upgrades with less than 4000 miles if you are seriously interested

1 - 6 of 6 Posts