Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this 2008 a few weeks ago. It has 6K miles, rims, JLT intake, pulley, tune, lower control arms, springs, and cat-back exhaust. I love this color!

I love this car, so far the best one I have owned. Going to go dyno it and make sure everything is working together good.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still haven't made it to the dyno. I think I will make it around the 4th or 5th. I really need 315's on the rear, but I need to figure out how wide I can put on these rims. These 285's just don't hook up!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made it to the dyno yesterday. Strapped it to the dyno and two back to back pulls and it made 520 at the wheels. Then we let it cool down for 10 minutes with the fan blowing on it, last pull was a 547hp and 526tq! I didn't know these suffure so bad from heat soak. HP was still climbing at 6,300 when they shut it down. Air/fuel was around 11.2 and TQ was above 500 at 2,500rpm until 5,600. At the end of the run it was down to 460tq.

All this has is the JLT package on it. That has the JLT Carbon Fiber Intake, Metco 2.6 pulley, idler pulley, and tune via SCT. The shop said most GT500 stock are around 420, so an extra 100 at the wheels is pretty good.

Guess I'll have to start saving up for an upgraded heat exchanger and some wider rear tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you replaced your rubber yet? With the low mileage i wonder if you have the original skins on it? At this age they would be hard as plastic so no bite at all no matter how much tread remains. Not sure if that wheel will handle a 305 Toyo R888 but a 295 should work pretty good.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, the car has Nitto Extreem ZR 285/30R20 and I know Nitto is stock on these. I wonder if a 315 would fit?

·
Registered
33 Posts
No, the car has Nitto Extreem ZR 285/30R20 and I know Nitto is stock on these. I wonder if a 315 would fit?
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?p=219990#post219990

If that is a 9.5" wheel I think 305 is the absolute limit. Even if it serves under normal driving it won't stick properly on the undersized rim. 20" wheels suck because the selection is so limited with the rubber, and that dinky sidewall doesn't give you full value for the footprint. And you pay more for the rubber.

Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration

I think its around $500 to get two wheels widened by an inch. In a perfect world you could just find some 19x10s and have a hundred choices.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts