Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is looking to replace his clutch. We were looking at the spec twin ss, the McLeod rxt, and the '13-'14 clutch kit from late model resto with the release bearing and slave cylinder tube. At first I told him to get the spec twin ss and now that I've seen the '13-'14 kit from lmr with the couple extra parts I'm thinking it'll be fine with that plus I get a forum discount so it's seems to be the best deal. His Shelby is all stock except for the 2.3tvs.

M. Guillory

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
then a 13-14 will be the best bet. good clutch and you don't need any more power holding capacity then that. make sure it works though, trans is a little different. the specs have heavy pedals. this one will be light as a feather.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got off the phone with lethal performance and they just told me that the 13-14 clutch was rated for a lower hp level than the earlier model clutches. But I think I'm gonna end up just going with the McLeod RXT because on the 24th of dec I can get it for 20% off.

M. Guillory

·
Registered
10,063 Posts
The RXT is the clutch of choice for the GT500 and has been for some time. You'll want the matching flywheel too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts