Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hI, Ive been a member here for awhile but sold my Mustang 2 yrs ago so i havent posted in awhile. Im in the process of purchasing a 2008 GT500 Vapor silver with 1500 miles on her. What are some good bang for the buck upgrades?? I know Lidio at Alternative performance so I definitely will get a tune but want to do whatever mods first. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
490 Posts
Lower control arms were the first thing I did. I cannot believe Ford let them leave the factory with that kinda wheelhop.

You can't got wrong with pulley, intake and a tune.

Exhaust like an O/R X from Lethal and an axleback make the car more enjoyable too

·
Registered
191 Posts
Skip the Lidio tune. Race cars he tunes great, street cars not so much.

Slap a 2.9 whipple on, get it tuned and have 650 rwhp and call it a day... those lower control arms too, you're going to need those.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Skip the Lidio tune. Race cars he tunes great, street cars not so much.

Slap a 2.9 whipple on, get it tuned and have 650 rwhp and call it a day... those lower control arms too, you're going to need those.

really??? his shop is focused more on street cars than race cars so I find that strange.

·
Registered
432 Posts
nah, he tunes for safe and reliable.....which is usually never worth it on a street car. my experience was with foxes though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Recipe for success -

VMP Tuning 2.59 upper pulley and idler
VMP Tuning pulley removal tool
JLT Cold air intake
SCT tune (can get direct from a variety of sources including VMP).

I have all this on my Shelby with a custom tune by Fastlane Motorsports in Benson, NC.
Makes awesome power and drives like a champ.

Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts