Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

450RWHP on 91 octane and up to 500RWHP on 93 octane @ 8 to 10PSI on otherwise stock 2005-10 Ford Mustang GTs
TRUE, verifiable HP using 91 & 93 octane fuel
MORE power, unmatched by the competition
ZERO turbo lag, instant tire shredding power
SUPERIOR fit and finish, OEM quality
EASY bolt-on installation
100% COMPLETE up to 480RWHP, additional modifications recommended after 9PSI (call). Includes 76mm Turbonetics turbo, Tial waste gate, Granatelli compressor bypass valve, stainless steel exhaust components from headers to the turbo, 2.5" down pipe with 3" as an option, high flow twin cat system, aluminized tubing from turbo to intercooler and from intercooler to throttle body, twin 221 Spearco intercooler cores, all necessary sleeves and clamps and modified radiator hoses.
SUPPORTS up to 800RWHP. NOTE: this will require extensive engine, fuel system and powertrain modifications and precision tuning on a chassis dyno).

CALL (805)486-6644

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
"ZERO turbo lag"
"Includes 76mm Turbonetics"

Dyno sheet? lol

I find it extremely hard to believe there is ZERO turbo lag with a 76mm turbo on a 4.6....hell, ive got some lag on my 4.6 with a 67mm turbo.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DYNO

Here is the dyno pull

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There is the dyno sheet, But we have more, with more boost if you would like to see them.

·
Registered
806 Posts
^^^^You called him out....and he proved it! LOL^^^^^^

·
Registered
579 Posts
"ZERO turbo lag"
"Includes 76mm Turbonetics"

Dyno sheet? lol

I find it extremely hard to believe there is ZERO turbo lag with a 76mm turbo on a 4.6....hell, ive got some lag on my 4.6 with a 67mm turbo.

Good example of you get what you pay for.

Chinese turbos vs a quality turbo.

·
Banned
448 Posts

We are just here to help. If inquiring minds want to know and we can help - that is what we want to do.:D

Here is our 3v turbo kit installed on a Granatelli #770048 Extreme Series long block. This car has an auto trans so I could not pull it below 3000. You can see at 3000 when we start capturing data the turbo already has 8psi - hence no lag;)

Needless to say we give you the good stuff. More importantly we truely understand how to size a turbo to work. Historically the Granatelli Turbo kits cost more than others because we never scimp.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well did you make your own kit or did you buy it from a company?

·
Registered
223 Posts
WOW! 575HP with 39lb injectors?! That's a beautiful setup Granatelli. Thanks for all the charts and data. Love it!

Flashman, you literally contribute NOTHING to every thread you post it. Will you just drop it already?

·
Banned
448 Posts
WOW! 575HP with 39lb injectors?! That's a beautiful setup Granatelli. Thanks for all the charts and data. Love it!

Flashman, you literally contribute NOTHING to every thread you post it. Will you just drop it already?
The 575hp on 39lb injectors is set for kill. I am sure you would agree a bigger injector would have made it a ton easier and safer. A 39lb inj at 80 psi will support 754hp (crank) at a .55 BSFC but again not the best scenario:crying:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
^^^^You called him out....and he proved it! LOL^^^^^^
What? He didn't prove anything at that point

He just showed his boost, shows him making full boost at like 5k....lol

I'm still doubtful there is no lag.

My 67 basically makes boost at 2k but it still feels laggy then again I'm used to having a blower and a 4k stall so maybe that's why I consider it lag

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
JR, you posted a pic of a dyno graph from a Ford GT, sir.

As for this kit, we had a kit VERY similar to this on our 3V GT. It was a little laggy, but it was also a stick car. It made 480rwhp with the 10lb spring in the WG.

·
Banned
448 Posts
JR, you posted a pic of a dyno graph from a Ford GT, sir.

As for this kit, we had a kit VERY similar to this on our 3V GT. It was a little laggy, but it was also a stick car. It made 480rwhp with the 10lb spring in the WG.
Fernandos car was a 2006 Mustang GT - We did not change the notes on the dyno "note section". That is merely a typo - I put up a ton of info all on 3v turbo kit with 76mm turbo.

·
Banned
448 Posts
I have a comp turbo retard.

He made 12 psi at 4500. I make 12 psi at 3500 fyi.
In truth you do seem like you want to nit-pick. I am not saying I have full boost at 2k. The best info to study is the Saleen v. the turbo. The blower takes so much HP to drive it there ends up being virtually no benefit to what they call instant boost.

If the car above was a manual and I really wanted to make the turbo look bad I could put it in 4th and go WOT at 1500. It would show what you are calling lag. But in the real world no one drives a car that way. If they want extra power the simply down shift. a 3v motor has no balls below 3500 anyway. The blower or turbo is somewhat limited by the camshaft in the car as well.

Let’s say it like this Turbonetics told everyone there 62mm kit had more guts down low then our 76mm kit. They claimed they knew this because they sold us the turbos and therefore had unlimited knowledge of "the trim" specs of our turbos. So we lined them up. That was the last day that ever said a thing:rofl: You want more boost turn it up.

For those that don't understand how a turbo works. I would rather have 8lbs of boost from a 76mm turbo than 10lbs from a 67mm. The larger turbo move more air and is way more efficient on the 3v more.

Again no one races 20 to 120 in 4th gear only:)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts